Good books to read after Harry Potter?

Book's I've already read....

Hunger Games (loved it :3)

Twilight (didn't like)

Eragon (didn't like)

Enders Game

His Dark Materials Trilogy

Percy Jackson Series

I want some good books to read :( Any recommendations?

Favorite Answer

Anything by Darren Shan (Cirque du Freak series and Demonata series).

A Song Of Ice And Fire series are amazing.

The Hobbit.

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.

Gone series (by Michael Grant).

Maybe the Uglies series?

Divergent series (by Veronica Roth)

The Chemical Gardens Trilogy

Hex Hall (by Rachel Hawkins)

Trilogy books tend to be good.

Hope this helped - had a total brain freeze whilst writing this! Literally just forgot every good book I've ever read.

Source(s): Myself :D
  • Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Gone by Michael Grant

Source(s): www.booksteensandmagazines.com

Based on some past reads you liked,

Cirque Du Freak series

House of Night series

Source(s): Similar interests

Elentaris (not sure this is how it is written in english)

The mistborn series.

The host.

The sword of truth series

Artemis paul series. (maybe, depending on your age- its a little childish)

Ilium, and it's following book olimpus (again, depending on your age- very complicated, and mature)

Hyperion cantos aseries (like ilium)

The rftwar saga series.

Thats provbably enough. Givee me a message if you need more.

Sorry for my poor english, it is not my native language.

Here are links to two blog posts, written specifically with readers and book lovers like you:

The first one presents a list of 30 books, which no reader can afford to miss. The second one suggests select online resources, where you get to read all about books and authors.

These two posts will answer all your queries. Thanks

Source(s): 1) Legacies of the genius: http://www.teega.com/2011/12/legacies-of-genius.ht... 2) Your search for good book ends here: http://www.teega.com/2012/05/your-search-for-good-...

You might enjoy Divergent by Veronica Roth:

In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself

……………………………..

Or perhaps Unwind, by Neil Shusterman:

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive

…………………………..

I haven't read Enclave by Ann Aguirre yet, but I hear it's good:

In Deuce’s world, people earn the right to a name only if they survive their first fifteen years. By that point, each unnamed ‘brat’ has trained into one of three groups–Breeders, Builders, or Hunters, identifiable by the number of scars they bear on their arms. Deuce has wanted to be a Huntress for as long as she can remember. (full description here

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7137327-enclave...

…………………………………….

Incarceron, by Catherine Fisher:

Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells and corridors, but metal forests, dilapidated cities, and wilderness. It has been sealed for centuries, and only one man has ever escaped. Finn has always been a prisoner here. Although he has no memory of his childhood, he is sure he came from Outside. His link to the Outside, his chance to break free, is Claudia, the warden's daughter, herself determined to escape an arranged marriage. They are up against impossible odds, but one thing looms above all: Incarceron itself is alive . . .

....................................

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Starts a little slow but gets amazing pretty quickly:

My name is Kvothe. I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day.

You may have heard of me.

So begins the tale of Kvothe—from his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, to years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-riddled city, to his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a difficult and dangerous school of magic. In these pages you will come to know Kvothe as a notorious magician, an accomplished thief, a masterful musician, and an infamous assassin. But The Name of the Wind is so much more—for the story it tells reveals the truth behind Kvothe's legend.

………………………..

Source(s): I hope I helped, but if you don't like the sound of any of those then try this: These links take the guess work out of choosing a book; they will match you and your preferences to a book that covers what you like to read about. Enter a book you like and the site will analyse its database of real readers' favourite books (over 32,000 and growing) to suggest what you could read next. http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/ http://tastekid.com/ http://goodreads.com/ http://www.gnod.net/ http://www.allconsuming.net/ Good luck finding a book, and happy reading! …………………………..

Gardens and the Warrior of Heaven by Jamon Miller

Try Phase One: Identify

http://www.amazon.com/Phase-One-Identify-Territory...

From author Rose Wynters comes book 1 in a new zombie-horror, fantasy fiction series set in Pleasant, Louisiana. Can this checkout girl survive the night as her town is overrun with zombies?

Tabitha Alexander is just your everyday, small-town checkout girl. At 18, she's just graduated from high school, and her long-term goals don't extend beyond enjoying her freedom and finding a boyfriend.

At least she did until the first body slams into the glass, desperate to feed on the living standing underneath the bright lights.

That night Tabitha learns how horrifying it really is when the dead come back to life. This book tells you how the zombie nightmare begins...... Pleasant will never be the same again.

Word count: 22,388 Novella

Excerpt:

A woman moved in front of the camera, pushing the reporter out of the way with her body, before grabbing the microphone from his slack grip. Her face was pale, but her dark eyes were filled with determination as she stared into the lens. She got right to the point.

“Don't let this reporter sugarcoat this with his evasions. There are dead people walking out there, and they are fast, deadly, and supernaturally strong. There is a name for them, one we've heard before but thought was only fiction. These dead people are zombies, and they don't care about nothing but getting their teeth into your flesh.”

The reporter tried to grab the microphone back, but she shot him a deadly look. “You're not getting this till I'm done,” she told him in a firm voice. “I'm not gonna stand by while you get your five seconds of fame and leave these innocent people out there to die. People deserve to know what they are up against, and how to protect themselves. Now back off.” Surprisingly, he stood still and listened.

She turned back to the camera. “I know there are some of you out there that don't believe in this. You wanna box it all up, neat and tidy-like, and believe that there must be some rational explanation for this, and come morning it will all be gone. If you believe that though, you're going to find yourself dead before the sun ever hits the sky tomorrow.”

HERES ONE YOULL ACTUALLY LOVE!! SKULLDUGGERY PLEASANT SERIES!

SKULLDUGGERY PLEASANT you should love them :)