Should i get a SSD or HDD for a general purpose computer.?

I know SSD is faster but is it worth the extra money for non gaming purposes. I want a fast computer and im not sure if a hdd will suit my needs. I will be building a computer with I5 processor, 8gb ram, windows 8

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Usually SSD is used for softwares that requires processing speeds and many are using SSD for storing the OS for fast booting purpose. In your case, you are using Windows8 which boots relatively quite fast compare to others, and having an I5 processor and 8Gb ram, I think it is more than adequate to get yourself HDD instead of SSD because you're using only for general purpose.

Even for gaming purpose, your specifications are good enough, hmm. Still need to see your graphic card's specification though. :)

• 7 years ago

Well what you can do is buy a nice, big HDD and a smaller SSD as your boot drive, that way you can have everything you need to boot up quick on your SSD and stuff in storage can be put on the HDD.

• 7 years ago

honestly if it is for everyday, you might just want to go with a large HDD since you can get a nice 1-2 tb HDD for the price of a good, way smaller SSD. Its a matter of opinion though. If you want the speed then go for the SDD. If you want room for a lot of games, movies, pictures, music, ect. then go with an HDD.

• 7 years ago

SSD is better for software performance. HDD is pretty much for everything else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.