How to track a package sent to Lagos Nigeria from the United States through the USPS?

I need to track a package that was sent to Lagos .Nigeria To the Department of State Security Service in Ikoyi .. It's a very important package it left New York City May 20th headed to the destination this is May 31st 2013 and the package still has not been delivered to the person.. I've tried calling the NIpost service but can't get through.. I sent a email and it would not go either... I really need to find this package.. Please help me send me other ways to track a package using my tracking number.. a phone number a email address.. anything.. Sincerely lady in despair!!

• Jay
    Favorite Answer

If sent via USPS, there's a very good chance you'll never be able to track it. Even if you paid for tracking, that only goes as far as delivery to the postal service in Nigeria. After that, it's up to the local (Nigerian) postal service to handle tracking. The USPS doesn't typically do door-to-door tracking internationally (to every country).

Unless you specifically purchased international tracking (see the "international" tab on https://www.usps.com/ship/insurance-and-extra-serv... you don't get it.

And the receiving country has to agree to track.

Only an international package service like DHL or Fedex do true door-to-door tracking.

This all said, you say you have a tracking number. I presume from the USPS. What happens when you plug it into the USPS website? Where does it say the package is?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I need to track a package that was sent to Lagos .Nigeria To the Department of State Security Service in Ikoyi .. It's a very important package it left New York City May 20th headed to the destination this is May 31st 2013 and the package still has not been delivered to the person.. I've...

Source(s): track package lagos nigeria united states usps: https://shortly.im/rjiT4
  • jerome

1

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw8ZX

Priority Mail International through the USPS offers tracking, end to end, and has a certain level of included Indemnity coverage at no additional charge. You can also add extra Insurance if you wish. Registered Mail is really not a very good idea since the Indemnity coverage is limited, usually to $45 max. China is a member nation of the Universal Postal Union and as such, must adhere to the policiies of the UPU. That includes tracking PMI shipments. If they can not provide tracking and delivery information, you can make a claim and they have to pay for the loss, even if it was actually delivered. You can also use EMS service. This also has tracking and indemnity coverage but, is more expensive and it is faster.

Hello,

I would suggest you try the following:

1) Go to this Nigerian local post website, insert the tracking number this is the link: inhttp://www.nipost.gov.ng/Track_Confirm.aspx

if this does not not bring out any record go to the next website below

2) Try to search at the nigeria EMS website (EMS in Nigeria is under Nigeria local post):

http://www.emsng.com/

Most likely you might receive a record here with their office branch at which the parcel was delivered to. Next call the contact number from on the website and ask tell them you try to track your parcel they will ask you some details and direct you to which NIPOST of you can pick it up at.

The key thing here is to have a tracking number. This is how i receive my parcels from UK when using Royal Mail.

If you want to avoid all the above problems you can use DHL, Fedex, UPS and you'll be sure that the parcel will be delivered to the door step.

I hope you are able to locate the parcel, let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck

• moodey

Nigeria Postal Service

• barbre

Nipost Tracking

Go back to the USPS office you dropped the package off at and give them the tracking number so they can track it in the computer and give you information on it.

sent by Fedx or UPS

you can track it on their web sites

if you sent it postal

good luck

the US Postal System is great

but once the package reaches Nigeria

its no longer in the hands of the USPS

lots of people will not ship anything to Nigeria via postal system

the odds of the package getting where

you want it to go is not good

the Nigerian Postal system is full of thieves

Can somebody help on how to get my package delivered for USPS, in Nigeria.