What were the specific reasons as to what caused the fallout between Al Davis and Marcus Allen?

what caused the feud to happen in the first place? because when Al Davis was alive, he was very private about it, and not so sure about Marcus Allen if he has come forward to admit as to why the feud happened in the first place.

because the fall-out between Al Davis and Marcus Allen was a negative turning point in Raiders history, I feel was one of the signature moments that led to the downfall of the Raiders, yes the Raiders did have some great, decent years in the early 2000's in the Jon Gruden/Rich Gannon era, but that was very brief, short, as a whole, the Raiders have been pretty mediocre for the past 25 years back when they were still in L.A.

Best Answer

There was more to this then was ever let public.Whatever it was your right it was a turning point

Well Bo Jackson may have played a minor role but playing time between them was decent but Bo was forced into retirment before Marcus went to the Chiefs. I beleive Marcus wanted more money which he was worth for the years he put in and Al Davis felt Marcus's best years were behind him and didn't want to pay him what he wanted. Either way being a life long Raiders fan I will always see Marcus as a Raider and nothing else. That would be like seeing Montana as a Chief and a 49ers player but we all just remember him as a 49er cause thats what he will always be.

Source(s): RIP Al, Raidernation misses you and we thank you for some amazing years and the best team to ever play football.

Part of it from what I've heard, is that Al didn't like the holdouts from Allen and felt that Allen was making himself out to be bigger than the team. But there has always been a deeper, more personal issue, that has never been discussed publicly.

Al Davis's ego

Davis was insulted when Allen hired an agent instead of dealing directly with him.

This is just a guess, but I think Bo Jackson played a role. Allen considered himself an elite back (and I agree) but they brought in Jackson and made him 'the guy'. And that created tension.

Al Davis would rather lose his way than win somebody elses way

It is because Al Davis told Marcus Allen that he wanted to "Finger-pop his azzwhole"...

Al Davis' ego and oncoming senility......

Source(s): RT...