Megan
Megan asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 7 years ago

Thoughts on the name Calista?

Thoughts?

BQ~ Do you pronounce it "KA-LISTA" or "KAL-ISTA" (there is a difference in the emphasis)

BQ2~ Do you prefer Calista, or it's variant, Calissa?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Not too long ago, I absolutely adored Calista. Hands down, it was my favorite. Then I started worrying that Calista Flockhart would be what everyone associates the name with, instead of [its oirginal meaning] "most beautiful".

There's nothing wrong with Calista Flockhart.. it's just too strong of an association for me. :/

Apart from that though, I love the name. It has a good meaning and it's nothing popular. Also love the nickname Cali/Calie/Callie.

BQ: KA-LISTA

BQ2: I prefer Calista. Calissa seems a bit like a mixture of Calista and Clarissa and I'm not a fan of it.

It will always bring Calista Flockhart to mind for me. Besides that, it's a nice name.

BQ: Ka-lista.

BQ2: I think I prefer Calissa. It's very unusual, without being strange.

:)

I think Calista is very pretty. But I prefer Calissa it's just fresher. I pronounce it KA-LISTA

• I love this name. I also think Calista Flockart is lovely. No matter how you pronounced it, people will always pronounce it the same way as the actress.

I like Calista, KA-LISTA. Its got a nice sound to it. :)

• Calista is my pick =D.