What happens if an international student calls the police?

I know an international student called the police because he was kind of depressed, When the police came they took his name in a paper and asked him if he is going to be ok and they just left later. Does the police report to immigration about international students? I mean will they report what happen with him? and this might affect his status with the immigration later or what ? Will his visa get canceled?

Or the police and immigration are different departments?

Favorite Answer

Does the police report to immigration about international students?

No absolutely not. This is not the job of the police officers to report to different agency concerning international students, the only concern they have is that if the student died that is when they will notify the embassy of the international student NOT the immigration office and informed them about the case and the embassy will notify the immediately family member abroad regarding their relative.

Will this affect his status with the immigration later?

No. I do not see it coming or why would it affect the student status he is just depressed remember? Anybody can be depress, even you and me sometimes.

Will his visa get canceled?

No. On what ground wll the visa be affected with the condition of the student? I do not see it coming. I do not see the connection of the depression and the visa with one another, do you?

Is the police and immigration official different departments?

Yes obviously they are not in one building. The police are to serve the population of a given city while the immigration office cater to the foreigners or aliens in the country. They have both different function in a government structure.

Police and immigration are different deps. though they work togeather. But this will have no impact on his visa.