Question on driving in the state of Arkansas?

Ok so I live in the state of Arkansas

I'm 15 years old. I haven't taken my permit test yet. But I was wondering, if I could get my license at 16 with out a permit? Other people have said they could, but I'm wondering if it's true, I've seen many people going and taking their test and passing without a permit.

• Favorite Answer

It sure doesn't sound like it to me from the Arkansas DMV site below. This is part of what it says:

Licenses - 14 to 18 Years Old

If under 18, you will need to take a birth certificate, proof of enrollment in school, proof of grade point average of at least 2.0 and a parent or legal guardian to the testing site. If you are under 18 but have graduated from high school, you will need to show proof of your graduation (diploma) at the testing site. (For additional requirements and locations of testing sites, contact the Arkansas State Police at 501-618-8251.)

All persons 14 to 18 years of age must hold an A restriction (adult in car) for a minimum of 6 months before driving unrestricted. The six month time period begins on the date the person passes the written exam (the date the learner's permit is issued by the state police examiner).

Any person applying for a driver's license is required to show proof of legal presence and submit ONE Primary Document and ONE Secondary Document or TWO Primary Documents from the list. A primary document must contain the full name and date of birth and must be verifiable, i.e., you must be able to contact the issuing agency to determine authenticity of the document.