promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
S O
Lv 7
S O asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Is the GOP thrilled that an embarassment like Tea Party darling Michelle Bachman, isnt running for re-election?

... or do you think the GOP will allow another "Tea Party" candidate to run there?

Update:

I'm betting that if at all possible, they will go with a better groomed establishment shill there.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

GOP election planners don't talk about their plans ahead of time. But I think it's pretty clear that in 2012 they wanted mostly to pull media attention away from Obama. To do that they allowed a wide selection of candidates from the extreme right to near the center, women and blacks, with a variety of approaches. They did this to make it look like a horse race, even though it was clear from the very beginning that Romney was their nominee. They held an endless succession of 'debates' with as many as 13 (I think) candidates, hoping to garner press attention.

Bachman served as almost a negative example. The party leaders were telling us "Aren't you glad we picked Romney for you? Just think, it could be a real crazy liek Michelle Bachman!"

If they use the same kind of strategy in 2016, you can bet they'll find someone just as batsh*t crazy as Michelle Bachman, who says the same kinds of crazy things just to get her face on the news. He/She might even pull into the lead briefly, to show how strong the Tea Party is. But their candidate will once again be chosen by party leaders long before the primary season even begins, and will strive to look moderate and 'grown up' and circumspect.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

definite and it somewhat is spreading to the Democrats. they have all taken be conscious. After throwing a lot of money against them (the two events) they ultimately understand that maximum folk have a ideas and don't care in the event that they attempt and alter it and lose. Like this time the tea party tremendously lots swept the board and that they comprehend it. on the different hand the folk knew that if it failed then there could in all probability be greater libs in place of work and that's what the libs have been making plans on. they had no thought that independents and democrats could go over. it somewhat is going to be exciting to be sure how the Senate votes as there are different Democrats arising for election and that they ought to shop their jobs to get area of the billions( the lobbyists hand them each 3 hundred and sixty 5 days vs following the Piped Piper off a cliff. we are able to be sure. Have a super 2011!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The GOP doesn't like the TEA Party at all except around election time.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

why should there be any embarrassment? aren't you aware people retire all the time? Be it politics, or a job in private sector.

Likewise if I am to say Hillary's resignation for Benghazi is embarrassment, how would you react?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Hey, I admit it. As a Tea Partier, I'm not unhappy to see her leave.

I'd like to have her replaced with someone who doesn't make such idiotic statements from time to time.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes, she will run for the Senate in 16 so she will have more power.

Source(s): LL
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

With your side having Obama you got balls dissing anyone on the other side.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

yes

Mostly just because this opens a slot to be the new batshit crazy politician.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

embarrassment?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.