israel - a mystery? can anyone tell me?

why dont i get to see israel in most channels as i see other countries. like i have not seen israel in any sports or other forums- why?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • anvil
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is too small a country to develop massive sports programs.Also it's economic problems caused by Arab/Palestinian hatred, terrorism,war and sanctions and boycots make sport a luxury.

Israel has fairly good soccer teams but cannot afford international stars.It is making some waves in water sports,shooting and Paralympics due to especially many young men disabled by war,and also victims of Palestinian suicide bombing.

Most young men and women spend their best part of young adulthood in keeping Israel safe.This prevents top sport training.

The prejudice and fear of offending Muslim viewers of American and British TV from airing Israeli movies or using Israeli commentators keeps Israel out of the limelight.Most Israeli produced movies are so amateurishly anti Israel that T V stations avoid them

BBC and the Canadian Broadcaster(CBC) are blatantly anti -Israel.BBC does not even mention Israel in it's weather program.

Israel is however becoming more advanced,more middle class,and more interested in sport.This should bode well for the future .

• 7 years ago

There are 196 countries in the world. The smaller ones don't get a lot of airtime. Exceptions include Liechtenstein's skeet shooting team at the Olympics and the Jamaican bobsled team.

On the other hand, Israel does turn up once in a while. On travel shows. On cable TV they sometimes have programming out of Israel, including that sitcom about a Jewish Israeli who married a Palestinian. It's a comedy, but not a farce. A heartwarming family program.

I've also seen Israeli programming on Saturday morning kids shows, something about Einstein on the radio answering kids' questions, and people were wondering if it was really Einstein come back to life. Or maybe it was a computer that embodied Einstein's mind.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

The only television show from Israel that I've seen on British TV was the drama 'Hatufim' which was shown in it's original language with English subtitles ('Homeland' was its American copy).

Israel does have a habit of showing up on the news channels more often than other countries of a similar size, but the headlines are rarely satisfying.

• 7 years ago

How could you see them when they're busy killing children and destroying Palestinian villages ??!!!! :)

Source(s): OPEN UR EYES
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.