Joel Osteen..The Smiling Preacher?

Joel Osteen does not preach the whole Bible. For example, Jesus spoke more about hell than the joys of heaven. Why does Osteen avoid topics such as hell, the lake of fire, eternity for the lost, judgement day and the rapture?

Favorite Answer

Joel Osteen does not preach Gods word...He is a "televangelist"...Basically he tells people that they're saved as long as they "accept Jesus as their person lord and savior"..Which is a complete lie.

Joel is not a Christian, and will never tell anyone how to get saved. I wonder if he even knows himself.

I have nothing against him. I would gladly tell him what I have said here to his face out of sheer love. He is on his way to hell as well as his "fans".

Hope he enjoys his millions.

1

Source(s): When Will Earth End? http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy
  • All manner of sins will be forgiven except for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. (In a nutshell: Rejecting God's Son who God the Holy Spirit is responsible for telling people about) I really don't know if Joel Osteen is telling people this. I also don't know and honestly I doubt that Joel Osteen even tells his listeners about the verse where Jesus said: many will come before Him (thinking they will go to heaven) but He will tell them... "I never knew you"

From what I've seen of him, I can probably say that: he's gone the way of Balaam

(Read Jude 1 "Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the rebellion of Korah."

He's ignored 1st Timothy chapter 4

He's likely a tare which Jesus warned us about in the Parable of the Tares

That said, Osteen does a good job of helping some which are very discouraged and unable to take any criticism in their life. The people that just want to feel good when they go to church. In some ways to get their ear's tickled. While i have no problems thinking a preacher should help and encourage others.. it is important to preach on sin, forgiveness, judgement, the consequences of turning one's back on God. Preach Christ crucified.

Adrian Rogers preached several excellent sermons on the above topics and you can find them at LWF_org in the podcast section perhaps. He also once gave a personal story about telling some men at a construction site that he was working at before he went into the ministry that Adrian was going to become a preacher. They laughed but then one of the men said to be a "good preacher" not tell anyone anything bad or upsetting. So apparently, Joel Osteen has followed what others said and not the Bible. "just be a good preacher"

You didn't ask for this, but here is some information and brief summary of the Bible.

WHO JESUS IS

Jesus is God Himself, Jehovah, YHWH, The Creator, fully Deity & fully man. Who came to die for our sins in our place so we would not have to go to hell for our sins. He provides eternal life with Him in heaven for all that believe on Him. Acts 16, Romans 10:9-13 explains how to be saved.

THE CONTRACT

God is 3 personages, Jesus is God Himself; God the Son, & took on humanity, coming as a man to save us. Satan orchestrated a contract with sin with Adam in the Garden of Eden. Since that time, sin passes through man, therefore, Jesus was born of a virgin in order to save us of our sins & get us out of the contract. God worked out legal grounds, through Abraham, in order to save us & pour the sins of humanity on to Jesus on the Cross. Roughly 2000 years after Abraham was asked to kill / sacrifice his son, God sent His Son, on the same spot, to die for us. A man (Adam) put us in sin, a man (Jesus) gets us out of the contract. Legally a pardon must be accepted before it is good. You must accept Jesus to be saved.

• Jackie

Pastor Osteen feels called to help inspire, encourage, teaching uplifting messages. To lift us up and impart hope & faith & love. I heard him say that, about end time messages maybe other Pastors are more called to do that? The different Pastors all give messages from Jesus. These are gifts to the Body from Jesus, and I think they are all awesome!

Source(s): Personal opinion
  • triola

God is merely and that i think of this minister chooses to evangelise one area of the Bible, comparable to many others do. this isn't any longer doing what the Bible teaches. I, for one, am chuffed that we do have a merely God. as quickly as I raised my little ones, and as now, I enjoyed them, yet I never did no longer forget the different area of parenthood, this is correction. My little ones benefitted from this. My perspectives in this new gospel are no longer advantageous, so in retaining with the "consistently be advantageous concepts-set" i elect to no longer convey them.

He doesn't want to turn people off I guess. Have you heard him preach enough to know he always avoids those subjects? Perhaps he talked about it on a day you weren't listening.

Because he like to "tickle people's ears", tell them what they want to hear. To appreciate why Paul exhorted Timothy to preach with urgency, consider some of the context of our theme scripture. We read: “Preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and art of teaching. For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth.” (2 Tim. 4:2-4) Jesus had foretold that an apostasy would develop. (Matt. 13:24, 25, 38) As that development approached, it was urgent for Timothy to “preach the word” even inside the congregation so that Christians would not be misled by the deceptive attractiveness of false teachings. Lives were at stake. What about today?

Apostasy from true worship has now grown and spread. (2 Thess. 2:3, 8) What teachings tickle people’s ears today? In many places, the teaching of evolution has been promoted with religious fervor. Though evolution is usually presented in scientific language, it has become almost a secular religion, affecting how people view God and others. Another popular teaching is that God is not interested in us; thus, we do not need to be interested in him. Why are these teachings so attractive that they lull millions into spiritual sleep? They both carry the underlying message, ‘You can do anything you want because you will not be called to account.’ This truly is a message that has tickled the ears of many.—Read Psalm 10:4.

But there are other ways that people have their ears tickled. Some who still go to church like to have teachers who tell them, ‘No matter what you do, God loves you.’ Priests and pastors tickle the ears of others by convincing them that ceremonies, Masses, fiestas, and images have God’s blessing. Little do these churchgoers realize the danger of their situation. (Ps. 115:4-8) Yet, if we can awaken them spiritually so that they understand the Bible’s true message, they can benefit from God’s Kingdom.

A conscientious surgeon must give undivided attention to his work because lives are at stake. In our Christian ministry, we can demonstrate a sense of urgency by concentrating on our work, such as by thinking about what issues, questions, or information might interest the people we meet. A sense of urgency might also lead us to adjust our schedule so as to visit people when they are more disposed to receive us.—Rom. 1:15, 16; 1 Tim. 4:16.

Having a sense of urgency also involves setting priorities. (Read Genesis 19:15.) For example, imagine that after getting your test results back, your doctor called you into his office and earnestly said to you: “Look! Your situation is urgent. You have at most a month to do something about your illness.” You likely would not charge out of his office like a fireman on an emergency call. But you would probably get his recommendations, go home, and give serious thought to your priorities.

We can gain insight into Paul’s urgency by noting what he told the elders from Ephesus about his preaching the good news in the district of Asia. (Read Acts 20:18-21.) Apparently from the first day he arrived, he got busy visiting people from house to house with the good news. In addition, for two years he followed a regular schedule of “daily giving talks in the school auditorium of Tyrannus.” (Acts 19:1, 8-10) Clearly, Paul’s sense of urgency influenced his routine. The call to ‘be at our ministry urgently’ is not intended to overwhelm us with our commission. Nevertheless, the preaching work should take priority in our lives.

The example of a small group of Bible Students who prior to 1914 set out to preach the good news illustrates what it means to have a sense of urgency. Although they were only a few thousand strong, they appreciated the urgency of the times and enthusiastically took up the Kingdom preaching work. They had sermons published in hundreds of newspapers and presented a program of color slides and motion pictures called the “Photo-Drama of Creation.” In this way, they reached millions with the good news.