Political tango between Russia and Israel? What did Netanyahu expect Putin to do?

I'm browsing through the latest on Syria/Israel/Russia/U.S. situation and I see headlines which says Netanyahu to meet w/ Russia's Putin on Tuesday. It was not today Tuesday, but rather two weeks ago and it was a super quick visit to Russia from Netanyahu. Apparently his message was that Israel would destroy the missiles before Syria even begins assembling them.

My silly question is: How does this hurt Putin? Whether they are sold or gifted to Syria, Russia is given them, it is up to Syria what to do with them, right?

What's the point of Netanyahu going over there to personally tell Putin?

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/israeli-pm-putin-meet-tue...

@H8 MAN: I'm coming down w/ a cold & guess that's making me dumb, but your comment totally flew by me!

Favorite Answer

I don't know but I personally hope that Putin bit ch slaps him on TV.

• bojko

between ANY 2 international leaders may well be worth my money. i would not would desire to Bibi out, even with the undeniable fact that, he's actual no longer simple and in all probability has some latent actual skill to annihilate Putin. even with the undeniable fact that, this is up interior the air with chess, because i don't understand the two's skill with the sport.

I would assume that he would try to convince Putin to not send them. Another question altogether is why he thought Putin would listen.

Putin doesn't do anything except what he wants.

There are a LOT of rich Russians living in Israel.

Need any other explanation?