Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 7 years ago

can i wear a floral maxi dress to a wedding?

the wedding is in the evening in june, around 7ish, i have nothing to wear and have a really nice dress from asos it floral print maxi dress and was thinking to wear a gold statement necklace and heels to make it less casual

heres a link

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Maxi-Dress-In-Vintag...

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Amy
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

No one would wear that dress to a wedding in my area. It's just too much. In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of where anyone would wear that dress. Not to work, not to church, not shopping, not to a wedding (people will stare - I can guarantee that) - Maybe to dinner at a restaurant on a beach. Not to a wedding, no.

• 3 years ago

Floral Maxi Dress For Wedding

• 7 years ago

SUre - that's pretty.

I'm very glad you posted the picture, because I was about to say No Way - someone showed up at my wedding in a floral maxi dress that looked like a tablecloth, and it dominates all of the wedding photos. It was beyond hideous, and the last thing I would have wanted to be the center of attention. But yours is a subtle dark print that will be just fine - you might look around for a pretty shawl to keep the chill off.

• 3 years ago

Just in my opinion, I feel the first one looks an excessive amount of like a seashore wrap; the second definitely can be appropriate (besides for the fact that it's probably somewhat too poofy and would draw awareness away from the bride). You're definitely on the correct track though, absent any precise recommendations from the bride.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Stacy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes, that dress is perfectly fine to wear to a wedding. Don't listen to some of these people, they have no idea what they're talking about.

• Alice
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

It depends on the wedding; some are more formal than others but for a normal summer wedding I would say that's fine, maybe add a belt and the necklace and heels is a good idea. x

• 7 years ago

Yeh i think that would look great especially if you had an updo and some lovely formal make up. X

• Caz
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Absolutely, it's very pretty, appropriate for an evening event, and suitable for the time of year.

• 7 years ago

I would not wear that dress to a wedding or anyplace in public. I"m not trying to sound mean, but that dress looks like the 1960's throw up on it. Find something more dressy for a wedding.

Her are some links:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/inc-internation...

That one is perfect for an outdoor casual summer wedding, and has a more fun print.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/charter-club-dr...

That one has a vintage style print without being too vintage looking, and both would look with silver dress sandals.

• 7 years ago

Pretty!

it seems a little too casual for attending a wedding party or ceremony,do you have any solid color dress?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.