Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

poll: does Latin come from the middle of north america and south america or does it mainly come from europe?

question to arabs only: do you sometimes get people calling you "mexican" or any other race that you're not?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

LATIN is a language, and comes from ROME... therefore it's European.

If you're asking about "Latinos / Latina" - it is NOT a racial term, but an ethnic / linguistic term.

It is used to designate ethnolinguistic groups in the United States with origins in the countries of Latin America or the Iberian peninsula - SO, it would, in the main, refer to South / Central America since that is the point of origin for most IN the United States.

EDIT... after a second peak at numbers... it comes from North America in the main since 63% of the "Latino" population in the United States is from Mexico which is a part of North America.

• 5 years ago

Difficult query! They oftentimes do do a Europe Vs leisure of the world sport and the rest of the arena workforce, if i am not improper, commonly wins it, in order that must reply the factor. I simply believe they have better gelled avid gamers and the soccer played in South america is very equivalent and the total nice higher in terms of number of gamers. So, judging with the aid of those Europe-ROW games i'm going for Europe losing.

• Jean Claude Van Damne, what exactly is your race and where does that accent come from? - lol

Latins started in America, hence the term... Latin American/Latin Kings

BookWorm530's EDIT is what I told you to begin with.

America - hahaa

• 8 years ago

it comes from europe, latin is an old European language, spanish, french, italian, romanian and portuguese all come from Latin and are european languages..mexican is a nationality, arab is like latino/hispanic, a none sense umbrella term that shouldn't exist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

latin americans come from all races

they're either white europeans, amerindians sort of like native americans, africans or asians, or even arabs of latin american descent.

saying your race is latin american, is like saying your race is american.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.