Derry asked in SportsBasketball · 7 years ago

Tony parker or Jason Kidd?

who is better?

Parker 4 rings going on 5th

Kidd one ring

Favorite Answer

Here we go with rings again. More rings doesn't make you a better player unless you carried a team to the title. The only things rings do are add too greatness. You can't start comparisons by rings. Only if you carried a team to a title, rings matter to that magnitude. Parker is a important part but does not carry the spurs to championships. I highly doubt parker gets any rings without talents equal ti ginobilli, duncan, popovich and the great role players they have had yhrough this amazing stretch they have had the last decade. Horry has 7, he's no HOFer.if you want to argue greatness and compare great players, you gotta bring a whole lot more than rings to the disscusion.

Kidd as of right now is the greater player by career but parker is far from done and when he is, he is an easy HOFer and I expect him to be ranked as one of the greatest of all time at the point. I feel he's been far underrated thus far and has accomplished more than other PGs who get more praise. Let's not get caught up onwhat kKidd is now at the end of his career. He was a great player for a very long time.

So my answer right now of whole career is Kidd.

Ask me in five years and I bet my answer will be parker.

I understand Parker has 4 rings but don't forget he played with the greatest power forward EVER. Tim Duncan is a top 10 player of all time and one of the greatest big men to ever play. Jason Kidd never played with anyone that talented. I'll take guaranteed HOF'er Kidd here as he was a beast and a triple double machine in his prime. Kidd is the definition of what a point guard is supposed to be.

They're both hall of famers, but kidd is a no doubt first balloter and a top 5 or 6 pg of all time. Parkers great, but Kidds one of the greatest to ever do it. He could do everything, score, pass, rebound, play d, lead a time. Parker's just not on his level. Hell, you put Kidd and Duncan together in their primes, they'd probably have more than 4 or 5 rings.

• Jason Kidd he is pretty much garunteed as a HOF, but I love Tony Parker's midrange jumpshot

That's a tuff one but I'll take Jason Kidd because of his all around game and defense

Parker only has 3 rings...