Do Christians believe Buddha and Confucius could have been like prophets, how about Muslims?

Their teachings seem similar to Jesus. I won't say they seem terribly similar to Muhammad's but Muslims do believe every culture received messengers

Interesting question!

Indeed, in Islam, there are many unnamed prophets, I believe there have been a total of 1,25,000 prophets, starting with Adam (AS) and ending with Muhammad (SAW). There is some speculations that great leaders and preachers such as Buddha may have been messengers. The only problem is that I don't think Buddha preached things similar to Islam, such as the belief in no God. Perhaps Zoroaster may have been one, though. The final answer is that we don't know, only God knows.

"Surely We have sent you with truth as a bearer of good news and as a warner, and there was no nation without a warner having passed among them." (35:24)

No, MW

We believe that God sent no prophets after Jesus Christ came. Christianity and the Bible teaches that since Jesus Christ was God Himself, that no prophet like the ones in the Old Testament would be sent by God ever again.

. I believe that they are men that i can learn things from, but that they are only as much a human being any other person, not prophets sent by God.

. I don't know about how Islamic people view them, so i will be learning right along with you.

.

You have a great evening, MW :-)

T

I'm Buddhist, Muslim, and Roman Catholic... I do not believe that Buddha and Confucius are Prophets. I don't think their teachings are similar to that of Christ teachings. It's possible that Muslims believe that every culture and/or religion has it's messengers.

Nope, for prophets, go like this:

All the ones from the Hebrew Scriptures

+ Jesus (if Christian)

+ Jesus AND Muhammad (if Muslim).

Note: If Christian, Jesus = Prophet and Son of God

• James

The Buddha is oddly a Saint in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

See St. Josaphat

Not sure about Confucias.

Source(s): Aspiring Eastern Orthodox monk

similar but not the same....its the old golden rule.....

99 truths to bring in one lie

No...........muslims belive Mohammed is last and most important.

God never has a last prophet.....he gives prophets to all men...not just one or two generations. this is their great flaw.

now read...surah 111.....page 61..................verse 144

" and mohammed is NOT more than an apostle"

this means the very quran is telling mankind Not to think of mohammed as prophet.....so...

God always always always sends prophets to one family line....from adam to now..the tribe of Israel.

This is their earthly calling. the muslims are just the mission field.

jean

• Rengle

( 24 ) Indeed, We have sent you with the truth as a bringer of good tidings and a warner. And there was no nation but that there had passed within it a warner. Quran (35:24)

---

who know ? , but surely , even if they were prophets , their teaching and the books revealed to them have been corrupted ...

regardless what a person believes , these are carnal wise men , and have nothing to do with our Creator. Who com pairs mankind , , to the Son of God who has always existed , and who the universes and all they contain was created through .

Confucius, or most of his teachings, were invented by Christian missionaries in the ninenteenth century. Makes you think, doesn't it?

I don't know if they were prophets in the sense they prophesied, but they are very wise people.