Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Katie asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 8 years ago

Can I use a carsharing service to drive to Canada?

I'm a 19 year old student at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, wanting to drive to Montreal this weekend. Good driving record. Any suggestions for carsharing services that would allow this? Thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You will need to check locally for your carshare company. Many companies

http://www.enterprisecarshare.com/?ctype=2.

http://www.carsharing.net/where.html

Most just have basic insurance and you need extra insurance to go out of state. You can with some even go to Canada.

• 8 years ago

How does Car Sharing compare to car rental? Car rentals cost between $40 and $50 a day, plus more charges for mileage and insurance. Car sharing is less expensive because you can rent by the hour, you have reserved parking locations, there are no line-ups or papers to fill out and no pick-up or drop-off constraints. Availability of vehicles, however, is not guaranteed to match your time requirements.Car-sharing services can get pricey for people who drive long distances or take the car on an overnight trip. But for people who just need to go to the grocery store, a doctor's appointment or visit a friend out of town, car sharing can be cheaper than renting a car.

• 8 years ago

A car sharing service is for people who live in cities with reliable public transit systems who occasionally have need for a car. These enable people to have a car for a couple of hours without all of the upkeep.

Zipcar allows you to drive to Canada if you get the car from a US location. You just need to give them 3 days notice so that they can get a Canadian insurance card ready for you.

• 8 years ago

Does the University have some kind of bulletin board for people looking to share a ride? When I was at McGill you could always find someone driving to NYC or Toronto.

• 8 years ago

What is a "carsharing service?" i have never heard that phrase before. if you want to give someone a ride and they help pay for the gas, you certainly can. that is called ride sharing. You can look on craigslist for people who want a ride to where you are driving.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.