My new medusa piercing is swollen and the plate inside is sinking into my lip?

I got pierced on saturday 25th may and the place I usually go to to get all my other piercings had a new member of staff or someone who i've never seen before

I got my medusa pierced and the woman said she had put a small bar in because it shouldn't swell and that it saves me having to come back to get it changed

But my lip has swollen so much and my plate inside my lip and started sinking into my lip

like the bar is diagonal because of the web inside my mouth so the plate is also sloping and one side is sinking into my lip and the skin is dinting, building up and starting to kinda go over the side of the plate that is sinking into my lip

They weren't open yesterday (since it was a sunday) and they weren't open today since it's a bank holiday

I need help on what to do to stop it sinking any further, it's starting to get more and more painful.

This is the only lip piercing I've had. I've had my tongue done and also had problems with that sinking into my tongue which left me with a horrid mark until I took it out

The woman who pierced my medusa had a ton of mouth piercings and it's obvious my freaking lip would swell up so I don't know why on earth she gave me the small bar?

Is there anything that can be done in the mean time?

Favorite Answer

The new piercer you went to is an idiot. Oral piercings swell like there is no tomorrow, so to assume someone won't swell because of your own personal experience with an oral piercing, is incredibly arrogant.

Are there any other piercing studios you could go to for longer jewelry? it's very important you get this issue fixed before the jewelry fully embeds into the tissue. I'm really hoping there is another studio somewhere near you that can supply you with longer jewelry. I would also suggest you go back to the studio that pierced you and complain to the manager about what this horrible piercer did to you-- it is NOT okay and the manager/boss should know what his piercers are doing to their clients.

Start drinking ice-cold water, drink/eat anything that's cold, take ibuprofen and hopefully that will slightly help with the swelling, but you definitely need a longer barbell post.

Your piercer is an idiot, and i'm very sorry you're having to suffer through this because of her lack of knowledge. You should definitely complain about what happened and hopefully the studio you went to would at least offer you a longer post at no charge (because it was the piercer that screwed up, not you).

Source(s): piercing apprentice

Medusa Piercing Swelling

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I got my medusa pierced and the woman said she had put a small bar in because it shouldn't swell and that it saves me having to...

Source(s): medusa piercing swollen plate sinking lip: https://tr.im/cHooT
  • filson

Small Medusa Piercing

You need to switch immediately to a longer barbell preferably surgical steel or titanium (I've found that one the most effective for healing) your piercer was an idiot. And I'm very sorry you have had to deal with that. You do NOT want your plate to grow to the inside of your mouth. Trust me.