Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

Am I a good writer? Please be brutally honest.?

“Penny for your thoughts?”

I spun around so fast I nearly tripped over the fire pit that sat in the middle of Riverville’s only beach. I managed to somehow secure my balance before head diving into the sand—thank god! I snapped my head up to glare at the intruder but my breath caught when my eyes landed on Atticus.

My initial reaction was the same as it had always been—a moment of shameless awe caused by his rugged sexiness. But once that finally passed I was struck with surprise, because of all the people I thought I might run into at the beach, he had definitely been at the very bottom of the list.

After the embarrassing little episode at Shauna’s house, I just couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I had felt confused, embarrassed and maybe just a little ashamed. I couldn’t get Atticus’ disappointed face out of my mind, and when I went to go look for him after I had breakfast with Shauna, he was gone.

She told me he probably went to go visit with his mom for the day. Apparently she had just moved to Toronto this past week, which was why Atticus was staying at Shauna’s.

So, because I didn’t feel like heading home and discussing my punishment for crashing the car with my dads, and I didn’t really feel like lounging around at Shauna’s house, I had decided to go for a walk on the beach, clear my head and maybe go for a dip in the water. For some reason this hangover I was nursing had me craving water more than I cared to admit. I didn’t just want to drink it, but I also wanted to swim in it, bathe in it, and just surround myself around it.

Apparently PMSer’s craved chocolate, Prego’s craved pickles and olives, and the poor hung-over bastards of the world craved water.

So needless to say, I honestly hadn’t expected Atticus to show up. I figured he would be halfway to Toronto by now.

“You don’t have enough pennies for my thoughts.” I grinned.

He actually smiled back—that had to be a good sign!—before saying, “Want to bet on it?”

I laughed. “Why, so you will owe me even more money?”

He took a step back in surprise. His smile disappeared and was replaced by an almost curious expression.

“What?”

“I’ve never heard you laugh before,” he finally admitted. After one more second of staring at me with that peculiar look in his eye, he smirked. “I should make you laugh more often. You have a nice laugh.”

I blushed, oh dear god, I blushed, and it wasn’t a slight change of color in the cheeks blush that a girl can blame on the weather, or even the fact that I was hung-over. No, it was a full on, “Oh em gee, heeheehee” school girl blush!

And when Atticus’ smirk grew knowingly, there was no doubt he had seen what his comment had done to me.

I did the only thing I knew how to do in a situation like this. Jump onto the defense and hope to cover up my embarrassment by embarrassing him. “Wow, how many times can you say the word ‘laugh’ in one sentence, I swear if you say that word one more time I might just have to punch you.”

The look he gave me pretty much said he knew exactly what I was doing, but apparently he decided to humor me anyways because he said, “I’m sorry, I’m going to retract my last statement then and say, you have a nice giggle.”

“What!” I literally punched him in the shoulder, “I do not giggle!”

“Hey!” He feigned hurt while reaching out and rubbing his shoulder dramatically. “I didn’t say the word laugh!”

I punched him in the other shoulder. “I told you not to say that word again!”

“That’s it—you’re in for it now!” And he leaped toward me.

Somehow—I don’t know how, with my secret ninja abilities I guess—I managed to avoid his outstretched arms and ran in the opposite direction. I ran down the beach as fast as my short legs could carry me, gaining more and more speed, and yet, it still wasn’t fast enough.

Atticus’ legs were a lot longer than mine and his muscles were much more defined. I doubt he was even trying and yet he still managed to close the distance between us within seconds. He reached out toward me and suddenly I was being heaved up into his strong arms.

I shrieked with laughter.

Next thing I knew, Atticus was running into the water with both of us still fully clothed, and me still very much in his arms.

Favorite Answer

I'm going to be honest: I had no idea what was going on the whole time.

To be brutally trouble-free: Bulimia is a delicate problem, which skill a e book like this showing it in a great easy from the character, would desire to reason controversy. i did no longer get lots of feeling from it, nor would desire to i somewhat visualize the scene o.k.. this is somewhat giving a imprecise description of feeling from the character, this is a similar thoughts genuinely everyone reads approximately bulimic human beings having. to grant the character intensity, i might supply her some greater very own thoughts approximately it, situations that added her to this. additionally, promenade is unquestionably one of those cliche undertaking, i might replace that. commencing a e book out with a scene like this may well be a sprint surprising to some readers, and that they have no attachment to the character yet, so they do no longer sense for her like they might in case you have been to start her out in a classic undertaking, or maybe her concepts, possibly questioning approximately melancholy, self image, etc. and function human beings get a sprint empathy and expertise of her life first. IMO you ought to advance a character before throwing something like this on the reader.

Yes, you're a good writer better than others on here, to be honest.