Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 years ago

Shall I just not contact him again?

I'm female. I've been dating a guy for about 6 months...It is long distance. At first he was more attentive..talking about the future, etc..but he just seems quite 'casual' about things now.. I mean we agreed to meet once a fortnight each other for the weekend..but now there is hardly any contact between meets..I did mention it last time that it seems a bit too casual..though I didn't really make much of a big deal about it.. after almost a week I receive a text from him just saying ' just saying hi to not seem casual, lol'... which well, is fine but I mean..it just doesn't feel like a relationship anymore..it feels more of a 'hookup'. Because I don't know what to do, I haven't replied to his text (he sent it 3 days ago).. a part of me just wants to leave it..since I've mentioned the 'casualness' before and it hasn't changed anything..its felt like this for about 6 weeks.. shall I just let things fizzle out?

In my opinion, yes. You should just let it fizzle out. It sounds to me like you want a proper relationship, not some casual fling once a fortnight. He doesn't sound very attentive and you deserve someone to adore you, to want to spend as much time with you and to make you feel good. From the sounds of it he's doing none of these things. Leave him, keep your head up high and move on. Good luck xxx

Yes, you might as well. You don't sound as if you're getting anything out of the relationship anymore.