? asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 7 years ago

When is the US going to adopt policies that allow for more women to enter politics?

For far too long men have dominated women and positions of power. We women bring unique and deeper more intelligent opinions on almost everything. Men are only concerned with money and power and dominating everyone like how they have dominated women for thousands of years by sheer brute force, rape and domestic violence to intimidate women into being silent. But no more we women will no longer remain silent and wont tolerate your threats of violence we have the right to lives free of violence.

In the UK the Labour Party has a policy of fielding only women candidates in safe districts so that more women can enter politics. This is the kind of woman friendly policies we need in the U.S. and in fact we need to do so for the position of President which has for far too long been all male. its about time we had a female President. Each party should only be allowed to put up female candidates for every other election if we are serious about equality in this country. Seems we are just a nation of hypocrites.

Update:

Sometimes equality does mean giving preferential treatment.

Update 2:

@ jerry - You re an idiot. How is sharing power 50/50 not fair. You must really hate women to want to keep us down like that.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I see your point. Women are not naturally good enough for all free people to vote for them without having special privileges that get them voted ahead of more qualified male candidates. Right?

Women in all Western countries have all the same legal rights as men. There isn't anything holding them back from seeking a political career, or any career for that matter. Women as a group also comprise more than 50% of the voters. But I get the feeling that's not good enough for you. You want more privileges instead. How is that fair?

And why do you think that a baby boy who is born today, deserves to be discriminated against for the perceived injustices of women in the past?

ADD: First of all, calling me an idiot is stooping to a new low, you obviously lack the intelligence to form a proper argument. Secondly, what's fair is having the OPPORTUNITY to be 50/50. Not forcing the OUTCOME to be 50/50. I'll leave it at that as I don't trust your ability to see the difference.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Not really it's only the conservative party that gets a woman to the closest thing to being a president (prime ministers are not the same thing)

short lists don't go anywhere near the top, getting women of character and bearing does.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If we're going to have an equal society, then you can't give preferential treatment to female candidates, surely. That makes no sense to me at all.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Sure. Now then, shall we advocate AA for male teachers? There is a gender bias/stigma which must be at least abated in the education system.

Feminists are for equality, so I'm sure you guys can help sort that one out with us.

Cheers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

First of all, the first paragraph was extremely wpomen are discrimant and sexist not to mention unconstitutional.

P.S. don't be a feminazi it makes feminism look bad.

Source(s): First of all, the first paragraph was extremely wpomen are discrimant and sexist not to mention unconstitutional.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.