What do you think of these names?

I know that I've already asked for advice on the boys name but I never get any opinions on the names. I am having twins and I plan on calling them Clara Amelia Woods and Caleb Matthew Woods but I really need to know what people think. All my friends say they love them but I could say I'm calling them Billity Bob and something and they would still agree with me, same goes for my mother and sister. So I thought I would ask on here. What do you think of Clara Amelia and Caleb Matthew? Thanks in advance!!

Best Answer

Clara Amelia sounds like a name from a fairy tale (quote from doctor who). But in all fairness, it really is a pretty name. I would name my kids that.

You see, I know a Caleb, and I don't really like him all that much, so that would influence my opinion, so I wouldn't say a thing.

I think the real importance in a name is in why you named the person that way. What's the story? If the story is rather romantic and cool or amazing, the name fits well. If not, it's just another name. Your kids will want to know why they got that name, (from a school question) and they would like to tell a long fascinating story in school, you know?

I also think individuality is important as well, and giving it a little something different is a good thing. For instance, Maia instead of maya. Or nic instead of nick. (clarification, not suggesting names... I know too many of these names already) see, it may cause some spelling confusion later in life, but the name will stick in people's minds better.

Source(s): I come from a heritage which considers names important. I was also able to tell a fascinating story about my name. And lots of people misspell my name at times.

I love both names! Clara is such a pretty classic sounding name that I feel like not many girls have these days. The only thing I don't like is Clara Amelia, I love Amelia as well but I think the two together might sound weird with the strong a at the end. Of course that's totally your personal preference. I would probably go with Clara Elizabeth or Clara Gabrielle or something else very classic and old timey.

This link has a lot of names along the lines I'm thinking of if you're interested at all! http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/5...

No suggestions for Caleb Matthew. I love it! Have fun, I'm expecting my first in October :)

Source(s): Personal opinion

Caleb Matthew is gorgeous, I'd swap it to Matthew Caleb though for a 10/10!

Clara Amelia doesn't flow because they both end in 'ah'. Amelia Claire would get a 10/10 from me.

Clara Amelia is pretty but sounds so awkward because they both end in 'ah' so it doesn't flow in the slightest, I'd consider changing it slightly. Amelia Clare?

Clara Leah?

Just NOT Clara Amelia.

I don't care for Caleb, it sounds a little weird in my opinion.

Matthew is a great name.

Matthew Caleb sounds amazing!

I adore Clara Amelia! Clara is simple, sweet and beautiful. Sounds great with the complex Amelia.

Matthew Caleb would sound better as it would be double c.

I like Caleb tho.

• hls

Clara Amelia sounds nice.

I dont like Caleb at all, but the Matthew is good.

I wish you well.

I think they're both nice names but just to keep you thinking, how many other matthews are going to be in his class? Also if you say it aloud clara amelia runs together a bit being that clara ends in a and ameila starts with a. I do like the names though so I think if you like them go for it :)

I love these choices. I like the matching C names, and the slightly more common middle names. The names flow really well and go nicely together! Good choices :)

Your friends are right it is nice names i love them as well

Good luck

Those are gorgeous names! Honestly, your friends are right :-)