Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Who is Roman Polanski?

my partner she studies film at university and the tutor has mentioned Roman Polanski several times, my girlfriend doesn't know who he is, who is he and what did he do? I gather hes a director? me and my girl like older films with Cary Grant, Humphrey bogart etc so we haven't seen his films

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Roman Polanski is a foreign film maker that has made movies all over the world. Some of his famous movies are...Rosemary's Baby, Chinatown and The Pianist

In the late 60's his pregnant wife Sharon Tate was murdered by members of the Charles Manson family. In the late 70's Polanski was arrested for the statutory rape of a 13 year old. Polanski fled the USA and has never returned for fear of going to prison.

He continues to make movies.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

He's a Polish-French film director.

He's made some wonderful films like Rosemary's Baby,Frantic and The Ninth Gate.

• 8 years ago

His wife was Sharon Tate, one of the people killled in the Manson Murders back in the late 60's along w/ Abigail Folgers ( who would have been the CEO of the Folger's coffee empire hadent she been murdered), and I believe 4 others? Anyways Mr. Polanski, from what I read likes younger women as in underage, that bastard..lol.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

she studies film and has never heard of Polanski lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

If she studies film then I am surprised she has never heard of him. Has no one heard of google where you are?

• 8 years ago

a 2 second google search could have gotten you this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.