Harley Sportster starter dead?

Well my sportster has been harder to start for the last few days, the starter just gives me a whirring sound and doesn't "click" and start the bike up.. Today it won't even push start, so I'm about to dump what little cash I've got into a starter. Does anyone know if there's a shortcut... show more Well my sportster has been harder to start for the last few days, the starter just gives me a whirring sound and doesn't "click" and start the bike up.. Today it won't even push start, so I'm about to dump what little cash I've got into a starter. Does anyone know if there's a shortcut to get it to start just one last time? And/or if someone has had the same issue please let me know, I really need information.
Update: Okay I tried jumping the bike, nogo. the lights do not flicker or anything like that. There's just no "click" when I start it, just a whirring noise coming from the starter.