Has the 2005 Nissan Maxima transmission been recalled?

I've been trying to find out more information about the transmission for the Nissan maxima. I have one and the transmission is horrible and I've searched online and other people have been having the same problems I've been having. I just want to know if it's been recalled so I can get mine fixed for free.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

On September 30, 2011, Chimicles & Tikellis filed a class action lawsuit against Nissan North America, Inc. and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (collectively "Nissan") in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey for alleged premature automatic transmission failure in Maxima, Altima, and Quest vehicles. The complaint alleges that Nissan Maxima (MY 2004-06), Altima (MY 2005-06), and Quest (MY 2004-07) vehicles with the 3.5 liter V6 engine and Aisin RE5F22A 5-speed automatic transmission may contain a design defect causing them to be predisposed to transmission slippage, premature clutch wear, overheating, and other problems that ultimately result in serious and expensive damage to the vehicles' transmission.

If you have experienced automatic transmission problems with your Nissan Maxima, Altima, Quest, or other Nissan vehicle, then please contact the following attorneys:

Attorneys to Contact:

Joseph G. Sauder (JosephSauder@chimicles.com)

Benjamin F. Johns (BenJohns@chimicles.com)

Matthew D. Schelkopf (MatthewSchelkopf@chimicles.com)

361 West Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA 19041 Phone: 610-642-8500

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Nissan Maxima 2005

• 5 years ago

RE:

Has the 2005 Nissan Maxima transmission been recalled?

I've been trying to find out more information about the transmission for the Nissan maxima. I have one and the transmission is horrible and I've searched online and other people have been having the same problems I've been having. I just want to know if it's been recalled so I can...

Source(s): 2005 nissan maxima transmission recalled: https://trimurl.im/c51/has-the-2005-nissan-maxima-...
  • 7 years ago

Unfortunately a 8 year old transmission would be several years out of warranty. Also if the car won't move there are not many safety issues. 2005 transmissions run hot if the fluid is drained and filled every 30,000 miles the transmission will last longer. Transmission shop can rebuild that transmission but they may have trouble clearing the trans module E-Prom Memory. Good Luck

Source(s): JP
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

2005 nissan maxima transmission recalled

• 5 years ago

I'm having problems with my 05 Nissan Maxima transmission also i just got the car from a private owner, about 3 weeks ago and the transmission started jerking whenever i get up to about 20mph - 25mph ... i went to about 3 local mechanic shops and doesnt seem helpful, first one i went to the transmission gave a P0882 code which is P0882 Transmission Control Module Power Input Signal Low. ... my Negative battery cable is bad sometimes i have to wiggle it for the car to start because of shortage, the shop that gave me the code says it the battery cable not giving the computer in the car enough power to tell the transmission what to do. he say the transmission is good. other shops says transmission problem in 2nd gear. and help?? it only jerks at about 2--25mph and sometimes it aggresively slam really hard that my back starts to hurt.

• 5 years ago

I can t find where there has been a recall. I am having the same issues, as soon as I went over 100,000 miles my vehicle started to jerk when I m driving and anytime I change gears. I have taken it to several mechanics including the dealership where I purchased it and all report it s transmission problems.

Chris

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

was it recall or not i have the same problem?

• 7 years ago

I think it was

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.