sarah asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 7 years ago

If you got the chance to go to france...?

if you got the chance to go to france, what would the top 5 sites you would want to go visit?

Favorite Answer

I went to France for the first time last summer, and it was amazing! Paris is wonderful, obviously, with SOOOO much to see and do. We also took small day trips to Giverny (Monet's home and gardens) and Versailles. My group also went to Tours (and saw several castles in the area: Chenonceau, Chambord, and Amboise - very neat), Sarlat (beautiful little town), Rocamadour (little town perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Dordogne Valley), Oradour-Sur-Glane (very sad but an amazing piece of history), Carcassonne (medieval ramparts), Aigues Mortes (another medieval town), Montpellier, Nice & Cannes (both BEAUTIFUL) and Monaco (also extremely beautiful)..

We were there for 10 days and really jammed each day with so many different cities and sites. I feel like I really was able to experience France, although there is still so much of the country that I haven't seen. I would recommend every place that we went, but if I had to pick only five cities, I would choose Paris, Sarlat, Oradour-Sur-Glane, Cannes, and Monaco (technically its own principality).

EDIT: If I had to pick the top 5 sites, they would probably all be in Paris. I would pick the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Sacre Coeur (and the amazing view of Paris), anddddd... probably Versailles, which is right outside of Paris.

Source(s): Went to France last summer and going again in 2 weeks! :)
  • It depends where in France, I lived there my entire childhood and loved it but it really does depend where you are and what you like to do. A place that is amazing no matter what age you are is Futuroscope in Poitiers. If you are in the South of France you simply must go to Nice, it is the most beautiful city (better than Paris in my opinion). From Nice you can get trains and buses to Monte Carlo in Monaco which is absoulutely stunning and there is loads to do. If you are into history stuff there is Oradour Sur Glane, it's somewhere really worth visiting. If you are in Paris then obviously go to the Eiffle Tower and the Louvre. But I think the real thing to do in towns and cities in France is walk around and just take it in. And you have to go to a bakers (boulangerie) and get croissants fresh first thing in the morning taste better than any you've ever tasted before. The volcanos in the centre of France (Centrale Massif) are really something to see. There are loads of great cities to visit, France is a large country with a diverse cultural selection wherever you go. Don't just stick to the well known place some of the little towns and communes have amazing histories. But top 5 cities to visit would be Paris (obviously, you can visit a 100 times and it will be different everytime), Nice, Monte Carlo (I know that's not in France but it's 40 minute bus journey and is totally worth it), Bordeau (there's more than just wine and La Rochelle is not that far away) and a less known one is Limoges (really historical and interesting town and really worth the visit). Hope this helped!

Source(s): 10 years of French living!

The Louvre

Carcassonne

Reims Cathedral

Chartes Cathedral

Pic de Bugarach