Can I update my iPad 1 From ios 3.2.1 to ios 5.1.1 without any issues?

Favorite Answer

the answer to your question is "NO" Apple don't support their hardware older than 3yrs old they don't make their latest operating systems backwards compatible with older devices, they expect their supporters to buy new devices every three years

You could install the latest Linux release on your iPad1 though, do some research in to Jail breaking it.

You should be able to update your iPad, as long as it isn't jailbroken yet. Plug your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. Find your device in iTunes, and select update on the screen. Wait for the update to download, agree to the terms, and complete the upgrade. You're done!

Good luck!

-Brendan

I doubt it. Make sure you save all data from it and your game scores may be deleted. They might still be on the game centre

YES you can...... just download the firmware from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ and restore. Make sure you save your data