Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 years ago

Why is it whenever something becomes the cool thing to do, I end up hating it?

I'm not really talking about YOLO, swag, Justin Bieber, or anything that's extremely popular. . .

Instead, I am talking about things like people who correct wrong grammar. I used to be one of those people, but then I saw everyone doing it, so I stopped doing it. Another example would be those people who try to use bigger words in arguments to sound smarter. I kind of used to do that, but the more people that did the same thing, the more I toned down my vocabulary.

I just don't know why I have these reactions. These aren't the only two things. Be nice in your responses. Thanks!

(:

Favorite Answer

I think you want to be unique and stand out. Thats fine but you are going about it the wrong way. The thing about being a 'sheep' or 'boring' is that those types of people aren't only ignorant but they also actively TRY to do , for whatever reason, what everyone else is doing. You need to address the fact that you are paying (even if it is subconsciously) way way too much attention to other people. People who are unique usually do not. The thing about people who own their identity and are confident in themselves and their uniqueness is that they do things because THEY want to not because others are or are not doing it. They do not need to show their not sheep, not boring, not normal , whatever because they know it and they will damn well do what they please and show it any damn way they want. They move at their own speeds and follow whatever trend they want or make their own . You need to stop caring if something is popular or not . Afterall, circle wheels are more popular than square ones for a reason; people realized their more efficient. Sometimes something is popular for a reason.

HOWEVER, it could also be that you noticed how annoying it was and subconsciously started doing things to avoid that because you yourself stopped liking it. Like you started to think someone that did X seem pretentious so you stopped.

Lol! I have nothing negative to say because I've always been like that. Always going against the grain..some say its because I'm an Aquarius...others say it has to do with being the middle child. Either way I think its a great quality, I won't be jumping on any bandwagons any time soon.

I'm so over iphones now and actually thought about trading in my smartphone for something random that noone has Lol

Personally, I feel like many ppl are like sheep(look up the lives of sheep), they will follow one another off a cliff if that's where the crowd is going. It disgusts me and I'm always seperating myself and doing my own thing. Nothing wrong with you.

Maybe it's because you're happening to discover that,"Hey! I'm not an Android Sheep"! Were it say we have go around and be and do what every one else does? Like what you like,hate what you want to hate.Think what you want to think.Do what you want to do. Dress the way you like to dress .Not what other people want you to or do Catching my drift? Hope's so! I was put on this Earth to think for myself,not for others to do it for me.That's why when people tell as well who I can or cannot have for my friends,I blow the place up.

• bavar

i be attentive to precisely what you're dealing with, my ex grow to be and nevertheless is a similar way, he has been out and in of reformatory and it would not even faze him. no rely what are not getting back alongside with him, he could attempt and communicate you into going back yet please what ever you do do not bypass back. I made that mistake, and the final time grow to be because of the fact my son had opened the front door and my ex grow to be status there and had my daughter in his palms and stated if i did not bypass back with him, he could take off to Germany along with her. I moved a minimum of 11 cases to get far flung from him. My dad instructed him the place i grow to be till I instructed him on the subject of the intercourse criminal internet site and he went to my brother's homestead and then he apologized to me for telling him the place i grow to be.

• James

You KNOW you are a unique individual. You are just trying to discover what makes you---YOU.