Had a fight with hubby..whattodo..?

Hi all..I have been staying at my mom z place for the past 10 days..just came to visit her and its been two days since i fought with my hubby..The issue is his family .They dont behave well with me.I told him this and he did agree that i m right but wenevr i brought this topic back he would change it immediately..My point is that if he does realise that i m not fairly treated ,why dont he be a man and stand up for me..But he would still not say anything to them..I called him useless and told him that as a husband he should protect me ..That was the last time we spoke. It was 2days back.I havent spoken/msged him post that arguement..neither has he..

What do i make of it ? Should i just ignore the arguement and talk to him normally but that would only mean that in future he would again do nothing to protect me form his familyz behaviour..so so confused and sad..Help !

Best Answer

The thing about marriage is compromise. The battle you are fighting also is the fact that the key word is "his family". Maybe he is afraid of confronting his family and do not want to stir up any issues with them. You guys need to talk about it and you need to continue to express how you feel about the situation. Yes, the bible says that once you are married a husband is supposed to leave his family and cleave to his wife. However, some men still do not have a clue about how to be the "man" and protect his wife. You both can come to a compromise by you not visiting his family especially if you feel you are being disrespected around them. The key is to communicate!!! Good Luck Sweetheart!

Hugs & Kisses ;-)

Lady Love

dear, I'm sorry you feel the way that you do and that it has become so intense for you that you resorted to calling your husband useless and want to dictate how he should behave on your behalf. Hopefully, your mother is helping you in your confusion and sadness. Did her marriage hold? Or was there a divorce between your parents?

Unfortunately, since you have shared no details of this turn of events, it isn't possible to counseling you on it because we've no facts to sort through. We've no idea what you think being treated fairly means. Or why.

It sounds like, while"visiting" your Mom, you got in an enormous fight with your husband over the phone? Flaring tempers and accusations and furry and mistrust? Yeah. Those phone fights are not about communication. Clearly, on a more mature level, this needs to be discussed again but not over the phone.

Are people chasing you with knives or what?

My best friend is going through this as well. She left her hubby for a few days bc she's fed up with it. His family gangs up on her and treats her like she's nothing to them. As far as you and what to do about this with your husband, tell him point blank how you feel and what you want him to do about it. But when one of them miss treats you stand your ground and don't allow them to treat you unfairly. (Easier said than done I know) They will be upset for a minute but they'll get over it.

Source(s): It's deff. frustrating and degrading when someone that's suposed to stick up for you and protect you doesn't. Whatever you do I sure hope it all works out.