Desperate to discover the true Christianity, help?

Hello. Lately i've been wondering which religion is true Christianity, or at least the closest to it. I've been a Roman Catholic all my life, but it seems that this Church is nothing but conspiracy mixed with corruption over the centuries as i've read what I could over the subject. I don't believe that praying to saints is effective either, Jesus never brought this into light in the Bible whatsoever. I can go on and on about this Roman Church and what I feel uneasy about (ex-cathedra), and overall unbiblical teachings. Can anyone whos a Christian please shed some light on this issue for me? I have more of a Unitarian mindset, the Trinity seems too far fetched for which Christ taught. We even hear of him reciting the Shema. I believe Jesus is the Son of God and in some way divine, but since he said the Father is greater then him, I have to take it for what it is. So anybody of Christianity please guide me a little with your answers and shed some light on your own particular Christian religion. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Simply stated, Jesus said "Follow ME."

You can go to a church to learn more about God and Jesus, but Jesus never said "follow a church" or anything like that; He said "Follow me."

So, if you want to know about "TRUE" Christianity, read the four gospels and learn what Jesus taught.

And, in the words of Jesus, "Go, and do thou likewise."

N

There are 20,000 denominations. They ALL think they are The One True Path.

Trust me. No one gets up on Sunday morning, puts on a clean shirt and says to himself "I know church 'A' is the true Christianity, but I'm going to go to church 'B', which isn't really Christian, because" ...

Parking is free

or

I'm single and their women are better-looking

or

They start services an hour later, and I like to sleep

or

Their choir sounds better

or

They have muffins as well as coffee after the service

If you get 30 answers from 30 members of 30 different denominations, they'll all say "Us! Us! We're the One True Path".

If proving which one is really the One True Path was as easy as proving two triangles were congruent, there would be just one denomination. (There is just one system of plane geometry; it's taught in different languages, but Euclid is Euclid the world around.) It isn't that east to prove. There are 20,000 denominations. Poke around. Read some web sites. Talk to your friends. Visit a couple of churches. Visit at least three times; you can be guaranteed that if you visit just once, something will go horribly wrong.

Ask what they do to put their faith in action. Ask how they feel about things that are important to you; pre-marital sex, abortion, ordaining women, treating LGBT just like everyone else, baptizing by full immersion, having instrumental music in church, giving the sermon in Latin, creation vs evolution. (You are probably strongly for or against each of those; they are the current theological hot buttons.) Pick the one that fits you the best.

If I was a Christian, I'd try to be a Quaker, but my personal opinions are not Universal Truths. Most of the rest of the people who answered you haven't realized that yet.

You are very correct! The Catholic church dose not even admit they started it in 305/6 A.D. or that the first they (29 men) did was remove 604 of 613 Commandments!

You would do best to read "Nelson's Guide To Denominations" it describes ALL in the USA. Like a couple of thousand. But the very first thing it states that a single religion is obey ALL of the Bible! The religion that seems to be obeying the Bible the closest is the "Messianic Judaism", one must be careful with the name, for there are religions that have broke off of it and are doing less and less.

If you want a more general religion, United Church of Christ (Congregational) and Presbyterian are fine.

Stay away from any religion that uses "King James Bibles only"! They claim "It can only be right" and "If we do not know what it means we do not have to obey it.". Not obeying much at all.

If you get interested there are Bible schools and collages on the Internet. Even the www.OnLineBible Collage.com that has two years of courses for FREE! They stick to the Bible, not any religions wants!

Source(s): Bible, history

Islam.

We believe in one God, we believe in Jesus, we believe in the bible.

You cant explain the trinity because it conflicts with the idea of one God, since it is wrong and false.

But in islam there is no such thing.

I have heard some examples of the trinity and the most "believable" was the atom.

In an atom, you have 3 subatomical parts: Neutrons, Electrons, and Protons. Electrons "hover" around the nucleus, much like the Holy Spirit was "hovering" during creation.

Protons and Neutrons make up the nucleus, like Jesus said, "I am in the Father, and the Father is in me."

1 atom, yet 3 parts. An electron is both distinct from the other parts, yet still part of the atom (Godhead).

But the thing is what about if the atom is Oxigen? It has 8 protons, 8 neutrons, and 8 electrons.

So does this mean there are 24 Gods in total?

And the proton is positive, the electron is negative, and the neutron is neutral.

But this proves that God isnt God anymore. since God cant be the eternal, the creator, etc. one God

And God the merciful, the Great etc. another God.

God is all of them in one. You cant divide the characteristics of God in 3 because at that time it is not God anymore.

I have asked this question to Priests and religious people and you know what their answer was?

"It's a mystery and you have to believe it"

But how can someone believe something is true when you cant find any logic to say the contrary.

Sorry, but i cant believe something is true when i know it is not

Read this, it explains who is Allah in islam

http://islam.about.com/od/godallah/a/god.htm

True Christianity - believe on the Lord Jesus Christ will all of your heart and you will be saved.

[ I've been a Roman Catholic all my life, but it seems that this Church is nothing but conspiracy mixed with corruption over the centuries ]

Your eyes are wide open, thank God.

[the Trinity seems too far fetched for which Christ taught.]

"These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

John 14:25-26 - Jesus Christ, God the Son, speaking of God the Holy Spirit, and God the Father, all in one verse.

[I believe Jesus is the Son of God and in some way divine, but since he said the Father is greater then him, I have to take it for what it is.]

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." Matthew 28:18. This Jesus said after His resurrection and just before His ascent into heaven. Jesus is more than in some way divine - He is God the Son.

Please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqbjZGGBItI

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPXIE7RqVo

Youtube thumbnail

Well Pat, you've started, now you can't quit. Read the New Testament, what does it tell you?Which church has the Fruits of the Spirit? Which one keeps the Commandments of God? Even Paul said sin leads to death, & the Commandments are not done away with.

You're in good company, George Washington was Church of England all of his life, but he also was confused with church doctrine rather than what he read in the Bible. I'd believe what God says rather than man. May God direct your efforts.

• It is Jesus Christ that runs the daily operations of his Catholic Church and he has never minder that Catholics use the Saints in intercessory prayer for did he not say in the living word to honor those that have served him best.Come and enroll into a RCIA class and get a feel for the treasures the Church offers and if you still do not like it then try a different denomination. Here is a loving hug and a blessing from God just for you.

Source(s): A Friend

Your church still remembers that we are supposed to try to obey Christ and keep his commandments. That's much more than a lot of Protestant churches can do.

Your church still does good to the poor.

The hypocrisy and sin of some of its leaders do not prove by themselves that your church is useless, much less evil. There is truth in every church, and Roman Catholicism can be a positive influence in one's life.

Maybe you should study a bit on the subject. It doesn't do to blithely leave one church before consulting God about it.

In the meantime, my church has the structure of Jesus' original church: apostles, prophets, bishops (pastors), teachers, elders, deacons, the seventy, etc.

My church has the doctrines of Jesus' original church: Theosis/divinization, offering the sacred ordinances to the dead by living human proxies, the tangible and physical and permanent resurrection of dead, the fact that Hell exists only to purify us (like Purgatory is supposed to to), and in the end is destroyed along with death for the resurrection to occur, that little children are innocent from the beginning, "for of such is the kingdom of heaven," and that the atonement of Christ covers all of God's children, past, present, and future. Oh, yes -- and the correct relationships between God and man, and between God and Christ, too. We really are his children, and Christ intends to make Gods out of us, according to the apostolic fathers' writings, at least. "The father is greater than I."

My church has the same sacred ordinances that Jesus original church had: Baptisms by immersion for the remission of one's own sins, confirmations (bestowing the gift of the Holy Ghost), the sacrament of the Lord's supper, blessings of the sick, etc.

The only thing that you need to do, if you're that curious, is to find out from God if my church has authority from Jesus of Nazareth to minister in his name and to perform the sacred ordinances such as baptism. Everything else can already be demonstrated.

Your question is so anti-Catholic that I'm having doubts that you are Catholic or even been a practicing Catholic.

Catholics are Christian.

The Catholic Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter.

I was brought up Presbyterian and United Methodist before I converted to Catholicism.

I was Christian then and I am Christian now.

So if you want to pick and choose what YOU want as a faith, here is what Unitarians believe in. It may fit your STYLE.

Unitarian members enjoy complete freedom in his individual religious opinions, and no set of doctrinal propositions. The bond of union between Unitarians consist more in their anti-dogmatic tendency than in uniformity of belief. The authority of the Bible is in some degree retained; but its contents are either admitted or repudiated according as they find favor before the supreme, , exacting tribunal of individual reason. Jesus Christ is considered subordinate to the Father and, although the epithet Divine is in a loose sense not infrequently applied to Him, He is in the estimation of many an extraordinarily endowed and powerful but still a human religious leader. He is a teacher to be followed, not a God to be worshiped. His Passion and Death are an inspiration and an example to His disciples, not an effective and vicarious atonement for the sins of men. The teaching concerning the mission of Jesus Christ is but the logical complement of the Unitarian denial of the Fall of Man and with similar consistency leads to the suppression of the sacraments. Two of these (baptism and Eucharist) are indeed retained, but their grace-conferring power is denied and their reception declared unnecessary. Baptism is administered to children (rarely to adults) more for sentimental reasons and purposes for edification than from the persuasion of the spiritual results produced in the soul of the recipient. The Eucharist, far from being considered as sacrificial, is looked upon as a merely memorial service. The hope of universal salvation is entertained by the majority of the denomination.

Source(s): . The fullness of faith and truth would be found in the Church that Christ instituted, the Catholic Church.

If you really want to learn the truth about God check out the following Bible aid. This book will open your eyes to the truth about God. Who he is, what he is like, what he requires of us and what his purpose is for mankind and the earth. When reading it use your bible along with it so that you get God's thoughts on certain matters and not man. You can view the book online. There is no charge. Just go to www.jw.org click on publication then on books. Scroll until you see the yellow book entitled, "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" This book has helped many to form a lasting relationship with God and has given them a purpose in life as well as Hope.

Your conversion should be focused on the person, Jesus, and not on a specific religion. The Catholic Church as any other human institution has scoundrels and jerks. Whatever religion you end up in ignore them.

Your emotional reaction of rejecting them comes from God. Use your reason to prudently keep some of what you have learned about scripture and the past ways people have been faithful to God.