Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

White discharge every day?

I have had quite a lot of white discharge on q daily basis for as long as I can remember. Does anyone else experience this? Is it normal?

Favorite Answer

Yep, that's what happens.

Once you start puberty a white and/or clear wet mucus discharge is normal. In my day they just called it discharge, now they call it cervical mucus/leukorrhea. It's part of the female reproductive cycle. The vagina is self-cleaning. This same discharge increases the closer you get to ovulation and when you are sexually aroused. Trust me, you don't ever want it to go away. It is what makes sex possible. You will also have your own unique musky scent and it will smell stronger to you than to others. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, illness, medication and even diet can effect your scent.

You can have this normal discharge for weeks, months or even years before getting your first period. It will also continue after you get your period, after puberty and for the rest of your life. Some girls do produce more discharge than others. You can wear a pantyliner if it bothers you. The amount and consistency can vary due to hormones, diet, water intake, exercise, illness and medication.

Your normal white/clear discharge will turn yellow or dry yellow when exposed to air. If it is coming out yellow, then you probably have a bacterial infection and need to see a doctor.

Different Types of Discharge:

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown. This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle.

Different types of infections, which a girl can get at any time:

Signs of yeast infections:

White, cottage cheese-like discharge

Swelling and pain around the vulva

Intense itching

Buy Monistat 7 over-the-counter

Signs of bacterial vaginosis:

A white, gray or yellowish vaginal discharge

A fishy odor that is strongest after sex or after washing with soap

Itching or burning

Slight redness and swelling of the vagina or vulva

See a doctor

I have this to...before and after my period even before I started my period I did....

Source(s): I'm a girl