How do I find chi-squared or t-values on their respective tables of value for large degrees of freedom?

So ... I already know how to find t-values and chi-squared values on the tables .

Problems is ... pretty much all tables go only until 50 or 100 degrees of freedom. I just found a problem where I need to know the chi-squared value for a probability with 212 degrees of freedom and I'm stuck.

Favorite Answer

Susan

By the central limit theorem, it converges to a normal distribution for large degrees of freedom (k). For k > 50 the distribution is sufficiently close to a normal distribution for the difference to be ignored. Specifically, if k tends to infinity, the distribution of tends to a standard normal distribution with ...

mean = k

std dev = √(2k)

That means you can find the z-value and the corresponding probability ...

z = (x - k) / √(2k)

hope that helps

The correlation coefficient between 2 random variables: a. Is a number between -1 and 1 d. Is estimated in Excel by using operate CORREL the median is: d. The value that diveide the information series into 2 equal parts