YA book recommendations?

So, summer is almost here, so I want to make a summer reading list. ..I just don't know what to put. D: I really like fantasy, science fiction, dystopian books, etc. I've read things like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, the Gone series, Maximum Ride, The hunger Games, and a lot more.I've kind of ran out of books that i want to read...any suggestions?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I love these sort of books! Why don't you try:

Divergent - Veronica Roth

Insurgent - Veronica Roth

Uglies - Scott Westerfield

Pretties - Scott westerfield

Specials - Scott Westerfield

Acid - Emma Pass

Slated - Terri Terry

The Bourne Identity - Robert Ludlum

Matched - Ally Condie

Wither - Lauren Destefano

Unwind - Neil Shusterman

Try this list! http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/12408.Best_Youn...

I hope you find something you love reading!

• Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Well, there's:

The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth

> Divergent

> Insurgent

> Allegiant (coming out this year)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

> City of Bones

> City of Ashes

> City of Glass

(there are more but I like them till here)

The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

>Uglies

>Pretties

>Specials

>Extras

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Paper Towns by John Green

The Selection series by Kiera Cass

>The Selection

>The Elite

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by rnasom Riggs

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

The Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel seires by Micheal Scott

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I like the same kind of stories. You may enjoy: The Kane Cronicles by Rick Riordan, You don't know Me by David Klass, The Heroes of Olympus series also by Rick Riordan if you haven't already. It's a continuation of the original Percy Jackson Series. Umm I'm also writing a book about greek mythology and demigods if you ever want to give it a look just email me and I'll send you a free copy of what I have so far. Good luck :-)

• 7 years ago

If you liked Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and the Hunger games, I highly recommend that you check out Gardens and the Warrior of Heaven.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

The Selection, by Kiera Cass

Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi

Divergent, by Veronica Roth

Delirium, by Lauren Oliver

The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare

Hope that helps.

• 7 years ago

After the Fear by Rosanne Rivers (great if you loved hunger games, love dystopian, etc)

Forever Girl by Rebecka Hamilton (great if you like fantasy, this has vampires and witches but it's originally done)

You might also like

Daughter of Smoke and Bones

If I Stay

Where She Went

Source(s): avid reader
  • 7 years ago

May I suggest the Tunnels series as a sic-fi (which happens to be my favorite book ever)

For fantasy read Storm Thief and The Haunting of Alaizable Cray

• 3 years ago

The Gemma Doyle trilogy by using Libba Bray. i actually enjoyed those books. they are fantasy, and not "fluffy" or gentle-hearted in any respect. The characters are super, and that i admire the way it is set in the Victorian era, that's distinctive. This trilogy is rather unique, and it is one in all my favorites. the 1st e book, a brilliant and undesirable splendor, could be perplexing to get into, whether it truly options up after a on a similar time as. Leslie's magazine by using Allan Stratten. it truly is a few youthful woman who's coping with family contributors problems and friendship drama, so she's extremely joyful while an older boy needs to bypass out along with her. yet, the relationship truthfully has problems. This e book bargains with divorce, abuse and medicines, and it is important. The e book Thief by using Markus Zusak. it truly is probably not what you asked for, whether it is this variety of solid e book. it is magnificent and surprising, and it is unique in that it is narrated by using dying. It happens in nazi Germany, whether it is greater on the subject of the existence of a youthful woman, Liesel, than that's on the subject of the holocaust or conflict. someplace else by using Gabrielle Zevin. it truly is a few teen woman who dies, and then works to a place referred to as "someplace else", the place she has to regulate to her new "existence" and settle for that she's in no way going to boost previous like different women her age. I enjoyed this e book, and the existence-after-dying element is an exciting thought.

• 7 years ago

Maybe The Reluctant Demon Diaries???? I don't know the author but I'm interested in same genres you are and I loved this series.

• 7 years ago

You bet. Below are some of my favorites in the dystopian genre. More can be found at http://dystopianrealms.blogspot.com, and general "best books for YA" can be found at http://yawestruck.blogspot.com.

Blood Red Road (Dustlands Series) by Moira Young – 2012. In a post-apocalyptic future, 18-year-old Saba’s twin brother is stolen by black-clad riders. When tough-as-nails Saba launches a relentless search to recover him, she must fight for her life in gladiator cages, overcome enemies both creature and human, and learn to trust others for the first time. And try as she might, she can’t help but fall for the charming scoundrel Jack, who just may understand her more than she knows.

The Shore of Monsters by David J. Nix – 2011. Five generations earlier, a horde of monsters nearly obliterated humanity. All males are dead or ruined by a monster plague; words like 'father' and 'romance' have lost meaning. When teenager Sky joins an expedition to the shore that falls apart, she must survive amongst the monsters that roam the ruins. She gets unexpected help from a very surprising source. Mystery, action, and romance follow!

Divergent by Veronica Roth – 2011. In a future dystopian Chicago, each 16-year old must choose to belong one of five factions, each of which represents a dominant personality trait. For most the choice is easy – simply follow the results an aptitude test. For Beatrice, however, the choice is not simple. Her test indicates three aptitudes. In addition to complicating her life, this fact makes her dangerous to the community for reasons she does not know. What she decides promises to put her in danger, and possibly tilt the entire balance of society.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan – 2010. Seven generations have passed since the Return, a plague that reanimates dead humans into creatures that feed on the living. Teenager Mary lives inside one of the last enclaves of uninfected, protected by a chain link fence that surrounds her village. When the fence is breached, Mary flees the village with a small band of survivors. Their flight toward an uncertain salvation is both harrowing and revealing, as they try to determine if they are humanity’s last hope.

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher – 2007. Incarceron is a prison so vast that it is self-sustaining. Generations of prisoners are born inside, doomed to a life in prison. The novel weaves two story lines: that of 17-year old Finn, who hopes to become only the second person to break out of the prison, and Claudia, the warden's daughter who hopes to escape an arranged marriage. When each discovers a crystal key, they find that they can communicate through the devices, and pledge to help one another. The story lines merge in a fantastic twist you won’t see coming.

Maze Runner by James Dashner - 2009. When Thomas arrives in the Glade, he remembers nothing but his name, just like the dozens of other teen boys who arrived before him. The Glade, which is surrounded by an impenetrable maze, is closed at night to guard against the creatures that roam the darkness, but open for exploration during the day. Getting caught outside at night is certain death. As the boys try to unravel the mystery of their existence, a complication occurs: the first girl arrives in the Glade. More importantly, she has a connection with Thomas and a message that may determine the fate of all the Glade's inhabitants.

Shipbreaker by Paolo Bacigalupi – 2010. In a near future of rising seas, no oil, and extreme poverty, a teenager works as a shipbreaker - one who salvages rusting ships for parts. When he finds a wrecked super-yacht after a storm, he thinks his days of poverty are over. However, he gets swept into an adventure when bad people come for the one survivor of the wreck - a rich, beautiful girl who owns the vessel.

The Uglies Trilogy by Scott Westerfield – 2005. In a future society, a mandatory operation at age 16 wipes out physical differences, turning "Uglies" into "Pretties". The Pretties are allowed freedom to play, while the Uglies jealously await their turn. Ugly Tally has gotten into trouble that may forfeit her operation. The menacing government offers her a way out: find a group of rebel Uglies, infiltrate, and betray them. Tally agrees, but upon finding the rebels comes to understand the terrible price of becoming pretty.

Unwind by Neal Shusterman - 2009. In post-war future, the abortion debate has been solved through compromise. Parents may elect to have their teenage children "unwound", a process where the teens organs and body parts are harvested for others. The story follows three runaway Unwinds, each discarded for behavior, religious, or economic reasons. As the trio embarks on a harrowing journey of escape, the reader will ponder very heavy moral questions, and wrestle with how much a bad decision can affect future generations. This is a masterpiece on every level!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.