Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 7 years ago

Would Johnson be better off, as good, or worse without Knaus?

From what I believe Jimmie is a excellent driver, but Knaus seems to me like a genius. Where would Jimmie be today without Chad Knaus? 1 Championship? 2? 3? none? 30 wins? 40 wins? 80? Your opinion?

Favorite Answer

No question,Knaus is the best in todays Nascar.I would think JJ would have been lucky to win one championship without Knaus.

Yes and No, At This level of racing you are only as good as your team. All the drivers and teams are extremely talented but very few teams "click" like Johnsons. Without Knaus Johnson wouldn't be as dominant as he is now but JJ still would be a championship contender. As much as I can't stand the 48 I have to admit He is that good, even without knaus Johnson who demands perfection would still find his way to the front.

Without knaus; He may have had 30-40% less championships and wins. If you look at his ammature career he won many championships and races without Knaus, so yes Knaus is a factor for his success in Cup but Johnson can win without him!

• mbl

He would be doing very well, but likely not as well. Look at other drivers who have gone through crew chiefs. Kenseth has gone through a handful and his performance was steady no matter who was on the box. No reason to think Jimmie would suddenly be an average driver without Chad.

No way they are greater useful off without Chad. He and TJ compliment one yet another ok. They make the protection watch them the two in any respect situations. they have been doing that at the same time for an prolonged long term......10 + years. Chad and TJ's production the two go through without one yet another.

Easy to answer.... worse off for sure...Knaus is the genius on this team... whispers in J J ear... lol lol

• Pete

I agree with MBL.

Kenseth is off to his best start ever,

with a new owner, new team, new car, and new crew chief.

As we can think he would not be as good,

there is always the possibility that he could be better.

Truth is, you'll never know.

Worse, Chad's a rule-bending mofo, but that's probably what I would want in a crew chief too.

Really? Seriously? You don't know about the King and Dale Inman? JG and Evernham? Maybe you should change your diaper before making a fool of yourself next time

• Raven

You're joking right? Knauss is so obsessed with winning it's unhealthy. He is 42 and single with no children. Which is kind of sad He has devoted his whole life to racing. He would do ANYTHING to win.