My 18 year old hates me?

I am a 44 year old who went through a divorce a year ago. My now ex wife left and moved in with another man. We have two daughters, oldest 22 and married and my youngest is 18. I started dating about 5 months after my wife left. I am with the same girl now for about 6 months. We get along great. I was forced to... show more I am a 44 year old who went through a divorce a year ago. My now ex wife left and moved in with another man. We have two daughters, oldest 22 and married and my youngest is 18. I started dating about 5 months after my wife left. I am with the same girl now for about 6 months. We get along great. I was forced to sell my home and split the equity with my ex. I am currently renting a home and have begun searching for a new home to buy. My 18 year old daughter lives with me still. I have been spending more time with my girlfriend and working a 12 hour shift at work. My daughter never wants to do anything with me and is usually sleeping until noon or playing computer games. It seems lately we have become very distant. She blames me by saying I am never home and that I don't do anything despite the fact that when I am home all day she is sleeping or on the computer with friends. A few days ago it all erupted and she began screaming that she hates me and wants me out of her life. I have followed the advice here from others posts and tried sitting her down to talk with her as adults. Same result. Screaming and telling me she doesn't want me in her life. My girlfriend has been incredibly nice to both of my daughters. I am currently still paying my daughters car insurance, cell phone and paying everything in the home and most of her brand new car payment. I'm stuck on how to handle the situation. It's obvious by her attitude that she is blaming me for spending time with my girlfriend despite that my daughter never wants to do anything even if its just the two of us. Any advice?
12 answers 12