Printer prints badly?

My problem is the following one. I have a printer, Samsung CLX-3185FW, and recently, I have trouble with it. (Have it for one year, year and almost half now. Was a new one upon getting it.)

The problem is, when I print in color, all the colors are watered down, almost faded out, and if I print photos, they have bad grainy quality. When I printed the test page, the colors were A-OK , accompanying photo also. Recently - three months back - I had to change the black cartridge, because the first one was empty, and I bought the original one. No problems with printing black, but colored was iffy. I didn't change the colored cartridges, yet, the capacity is on 50% for them.

I print via wireless, but even when I switched to USB cable, the printing quality wasn't any better than before. Any solutions on this problem? I am getting bonkers with the printer, and I would really appreciate not having to chuck it through the window, as I still need it!

Thanks a bunch,

dogsbody

Favorite Answer

The ink consists of the colour, and a carrier fluid. The carrier fluid is slightly volatile (which is so that the ink will dry after printing). This means that the fluid very slowly evaporates from the cartridge, which then dries out before the colour is used up.

Going by what you say, you've had the same colour cartridge in the printer since the beginning, in which case it has dried out before being used up. Put a new colour cartridge in, tell the printer to calibrate itself, then see what the print quality is like.

Note that the method you use to connect the printer (wifi or USB) has absolutely no effect at all on print quality. Print quality is decided by (1) settings (2) paper quality (3) ink freshness (4) clean print heads

A ink cartridge or cartridges maybe low, empty or possibly clogged

First step is to see will if it print a test page

Go to Start, settings, printers. Right click on the printer, properties, print test page.

If that doesn't work there should be a head cleaning option in properties that will make it clean the print heads.

If the ink cartridge is still clogged, saturate a q-tip with alcohol

and lightly rub the print head

If there is still nothing after that then either it’s badly clogged, low or out of ink, and needs to be replaced

seems such as you have been using affordable ink refills and used the incorrect form of ink. There are 2 basic varieties - pigment and dye based and in case you employ the incorrect one it is going to stuff up the print head. you would be able to desire to objective soaking it in organic alcohol - Scotch or Bourbon isn't cautioned. Failing that i could propose you're taking it to someplace that fixes printers and have it serviced professionally and don't use DIY refills, in case you bypass to a Ink place they're going to do your refills affordable and use the extraordinary ink so it won't injury your printer.