Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 years ago

Dragon Age Origins: (***SPOILERS***) what happens if your warden dies?

I already played the origins but am deciding to replay it to really decide how i want events to turn out in da 3. If you perform the ultimate sacrifice when fighting the arch demon, does this affect da 2? Is there any chance that your warden could return in dragon age 3? I would much rather perform the ultimate sacrifice, but you know if he could show up again in the third game, that would be awesome.

Favorite Answer

To be quite upfront about it, almost nothing you do in Origins has an overly important impact on DA2. The absolute most you get in DA2 is some dialogue mentions and a quest and companion reappearance here and there. This include the ultimate sacrifice.

The most that occurs with it is dialogue references, and they are few and far between. They don't impact the story whatsoever.

I do not think the warden will return in DA3. The bioware staff have said that "the warden's story is over." There may be, yet again, references to the warden's tale, but it's more likely that Hawke, if anybody, would make a reappearance. I think a major part of this is just because of all the extra work it would take to have the wardens reappear (given the various races, general appearances, lack of voices, gender differences, height differences, plotline choices, graphics differences, etc, etc, etc), and all the potential plotholes this would cause in DA3 when, technically, the warden isn't really necessary anymore. Given that they haven't even given the new character the option of different races, I don't think they'd go to the trouble of trying to recreate the warden.

I honestly think that, if the warden still lived through the archdemon, they'll probably write the warden off as having gone to their "calling." I mean, realistically speaking, the warden was probably in their early to mid twenties at the start of dragon age, which took a year. Then DA2 which took another 9 years. I imagine DA3 is going to skip another several years into the future, at least, which would put the warden in their forties-- roughly around the time Duncan guesstimates most wardens receive their calling. I imagine we'll probably be seeing Alistair heading along a similar road fairly soon, too...

I do agree it would be nice to see our wardens again, but I believe that, if they do make any impact in DA3, it will be in little more than passing mention.

I did not kill flemeth in the first one and she shows up as a dragon in the second one and constantly refers back to morgan