Sharon S asked in SportsBaseball · 7 years ago

What are the reds chances now of overtaking the cardinals for the number one spot?

Currently a 1.5 game difference? Do you see them overtaking them any time soon?

• Kal-El
    Favorite Answer

I see a Cincinnati/Detroit World Series this year.

With all of the injuries to the Cardinals starting pitching (Garcia, Westbrook) I would say there is a good chance it may be sooner than you think. How long can guys like Gast and Lyons fill the voids? Will Shelby Miller continue to be lights out? Do they fast track Wacha and call him up? It should be interesting.

The Cards got off to a good start on their west coast trip but they will be facing a Dodger team fighting to save their manager and could be returning home in second place. The pitching has been phenomenal but is due to come back down to earth.

I am objective what can I say.

Don't worry, the Reds will win the division. The chances are about as good a Aroldis Chapman throwing a 100+ MPH fastball the next time he pitches.

A game and a half is nothing with more than 100 games remaining on the schedule. Their chances are as good as any team in the division. Let's wait and see. One thing is for sure, they are as good as the Cardinals.

There's over 100 games left in the season. I think they have time to make up 1.5 games.

Possibly by the Allstar break. If the Reds are healthy and no slumps, very good chance.

It doesn't matter; The Pittsburgh Pirates will take down both of them.

I do believe they'll pass out St. Louis for 2nd spot given that the Cards starting staff is falling apart.

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!!

I say, Cincinnati Reds will win there Division.

• Lefty

I think it will be a back and forth battle for the whole season.

I'm a Dback fan, so who cares, hehehehe