Last names for the name Alaska?

So I'm writing a story and the main character's name is Alaska.She's a little shorter than average, light brown hair, ice blue eyes.

I'm not sure between:

Alaska Greene

Alaska Day

Alaska Leighton

if you have any suggestions, I'd like to know them please:)! thanks !

Favorite Answer

I would not use Green/Greene or Young.

John Green wrote a book called Looking for Alaska. Her name is Alaska Young.

A simple last name would be best because its a more unusual first name.

Alaska Smith

Alaska Sloan

Alaska Row

Alaska Lucas

Alaska Miles

Alaska Wilson

If you're going to hijack the name of a state for a character, you should stay true to form and use surnames common to that state.

Smith is the most popular American Indian or Alaska Native surname in the United States. About 20,198 American Indians or Alaska Natives have the last name of Smith.

In Kodiak, AK, the most common surnames are

Anderson

Hansen

Johnson

Nelson

Pestrikoff

Wolkoff

Malutin

Lee

Parker

Peterson

Some common surnames in Sitka, AK

Anderson

Baggen

Bahrt

Burke

Haley

Hathaway

Kaznakoff

Knight

Kostrometinoff

Kramer

Oler

Shuvalin

Stephens

Sunde

Thomsen

Tuck

Welcome

Wilcox

Young

Of course, this listing is almost exclusively European and Russian since the native tribes have, only recently, started using surnames for identification purposes. Surnames are not used by the Yup'ik tribe, for example.

Dana Stabenow has written many novels about a private investigator in Alaska who is a tribal native.

I make no guarantees about names being authentic but, Ms Stabenow has always endeavored to be accurate. I suggest you read some of her novels to obtain usable names.

Alaska Estelle Chen!

• Leah

I like Alaska Day the best

Alaska Leighton sounds good.

Alaskan Last Names

• gary s

Borealis.The northern lights"Aurora Borealis" are visible from Alaska.Cosmic rays hit the atmosphere and create shimmering Green lights in the sky,where it is thinnest at the poles.Most Alaskans are either Native Inuit(Eskimo),or people who moved there from the lower 48 for the gold and oil.I like to use a state map for names like that as many towns are named after famous locals like Dawson,or Nome.

And the same question comes up again