how to run refill cartridge in hp 2515 ink advantage printer ?

i recently buy new hp 2515 ink advantage printer.but i got problem with refilling.when i try to insert refill cartridge printer still indicating ink level low and it indicates this ! sign. and while i try to print its show cartridge is empty with two options.

1. cancel print

2. buy online

and i use win 7 ultimate 32 bit

is there any way to sort out this problem thanx in advance

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Refilling ink cartridges is not always the best nor cheapest way to go

Refilling cartridges are simple enough, but at times refilled ink cartridges may work, but mostly not. Most printers will not recognize refilled ink cartridges, once the ink is exhausted, the chip expires. Refilling them may be a costly gamble on your part. So to save you any grief and money possibly wasted, it may be advantageous on your part to just replace the ink cartridge. Using a non oem ink cartridge would be cheaper and a much better option for you.

Just a note: Using non oem ink cartridges will not void your warranty

Read "How this Affects You" in the enclosed link

• 4 years ago

If you want to buy a printer another time, avoid the deskjet 2515 and go instead for the 2510. That is if you plan on refilling. With the 2510 you can refill your cartridges any number of time you like. But not so with the 2515 which after a couple of refills or so rejects the cartridge. You cannot do anything about this. It is a feature built in by hp to fleece you. They want to keep you buying new cartridges and we all know how expensive ink cartridges are. The good news though is that you can easily avoid their trap by sticking to the 2010 which is virtually the same printer without the cartridge blocking chip; and make sure you refuse to accept hp printer updates.

• eiler
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Advantage Printer Ink

• 3 years ago

RE: shops that top off printer ink cartridges? ok I incredibly have a phothsmart c3180 hp printer and because printer ink is sooooo costly i needed to comprehend the place i will get them refilled i want help (to discover shops)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Da RR
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Whenever you would like to refill your cartridge you have to remember some things

1. Are you using good quality ink

2. Is your cartridge is refillable

3. Do you know how to refill.

4. Did you refill immediately after its run out of ink?

checkout which you missed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.