Is there a way for me to re-download music in iTunes onto my laptop that I purchased on my iPod?

I recently lost my iPod. For the past few months I have only been purchasing and downloading music directly onto my iPod. Since I do not have the iPod anymore, I cannot simply transfer the songs into my iTunes account on my laptop. Is there a way for me to re-download the music I have already purchased for free? It... show more I recently lost my iPod. For the past few months I have only been purchasing and downloading music directly onto my iPod. Since I do not have the iPod anymore, I cannot simply transfer the songs into my iTunes account on my laptop. Is there a way for me to re-download the music I have already purchased for free? It seems to me that if I purchased the songs through my apple account, it shouldn't matter what device I use as long as it is that same account.
Please help!