What does "Special Digital Editing" exactly mean in Photography?

There is a photography contest in our city and the theme is "Festivity". One of the rules says "No special digital editing should be done." What does special digital editing exactly mean and cover? Whenever I shoot out I usually need to adjust some elements in my picture like brightness or... show more There is a photography contest in our city and the theme is "Festivity". One of the rules says "No special digital editing should be done." What does special digital editing exactly mean and cover? Whenever I shoot out I usually need to adjust some elements in my picture like brightness or enhancing more color or contrast because the pictures that usually comes out of my picture looks flat. I think it's a good picture it's just that the color looks flat.

So does a little boost in color, brightness and contrast cover this special digital editing rule or does it only apply to things like adding heavy photoshop effects to it?