1+1 = 2 and so is it logic or faith?

• Jamie
    Best Answer

1+1 will always equal 2. You are a fool if you deny it as it can ALWAYS be demonstrated in the most simplistic of ways. It is therefore logic, not faith. Faith cannot be demonstrated. It is illogical.

• JJWJ

First, 1 + 1 = 2 is logic (a part of mathematics).

Second, seven months after I began reading the Bible (during which time I kept on asking "Is that true?" as I read verse after verse), I finally turned once again to my best friend in Scripture. His name: Thomas (or Didymus). When the other ten disciples told Thomas (who was not with them when Jesus first appeared after the Resurrection) "We have seen the Lord", Thomas responded: "I don't believe you. Unless I put my finger into His hand and thrust my hand into His side, I will not believe" [Glance at the last part of John chapter 20.] I always said: "Good for you, Thomas! You should doubt Jesus is coming back to life."

Then, one day, I again read of Jesus appearing to all eleven live disciples. When he turned to Thomas closing his comment with "and believe", Thomas knelt down and said "My Lord and my God." "Thomas, you believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who have not seen and believe." Then I said aloud: "Christianity is rational. It makes more sense than these other religions I have worked about. And even if there was some form of evolution, even if the universe did begin expanding with a Big Bang, well, you've got to start somewhere! There must be a God."

More logic in Christianity than other beliefs.

• kibble

information does not initiate with faith. faith follows reason, and easily then finally ends up in information. Time, area and quantity and potential/count are all particularly elementary issues. they're the appropriate interpretations we've of the particular international. there is consistent data of what we call 'quantity', that's someone-friendly section of our existence. a similar is going with each and each of something. First we set up what they're and their residences through good judgment, then we call them. Then we've self belief that they are appropriate suited, yet shop an open ideas to something that would desire to instruct in any different case. If there grow to be no such factor as mild, and no person had eyes, then no-one might have self belief that it existed. they does not even have the potential to apply their reason to instruct or disprove it, using fact the full theory could be improbable to them.

• sanity

It is knowledge and logically correct. It is known as "mathematical knowledge".

*In binary system, 1+1 = 10 (for the benefit of poster below).

What base are you in? 1+1=100 in binary.

1s we can count.

But get into multiplication tables, and most've us *do* rely on a model. None of us will ever count 1,000,000 x 1,000,000 in our lifetime. Ever. And yet, using basic math models, we can easily calculate it to be 1,000,000,000,000 just by adding on the appropriate number've zeros.

It kind've is faith, in a sense. But it obviously works.

I can only imagine the poor guys who tried to count higher and higher their entire lives in the hopes of breaking the system down once it hit a certain number.

I tried that, as a kid - but lost interest at the 100 times tables. =P

It's both. At the classical level it is logic but at the quantum level it is faith.

We can have both

Actually 1+1 does not always = 2 .......... as any educated, knowledgeable mathematician knows.

That is by definition. It takes neither logic nor faith.

Christ is risen!

/Orthodox

It is simple uncomplicated mathematics.....does the vacuum in your head counter the intelligence you try to pretend to possess?