Romeo and Juliet -- Book vs. Movie?

I have to do a worksheet for English class. We watched the movie Romeo and Juliet (the modernized version, with Leonardo DiCaprio) after reading the play. The worksheet requires us to compare the movie and the play. I can't think of many changes.....help, please? Here's the categories for the chart:

Additions- What was in the movie but NOT in the book? What was in the book but NOT in the movie?

Deletions- What was deleted from the movie?

If you can help, thank you!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You're talking about the Baz Luhrmann one, yeah?

Well for one thing, the movie has guns and cars and stuff. The play doesn't have that.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I'll prefer book for this but as you say you have to do a worksheet for English class to compare the movie and play of romeo and juliet , then movie you had already watch and you can read the play on internet on this topic ,it must save your time for your worksheet program.

• 8 years ago

Book

• anthia
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Read the guide, in any other case you are going to fail your category. The movie and book have essential differences. If you happen to count on to simply watch the movie and now not learn the guide you is not going to recognize something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

movie because it has action scenes if you know what i mean ;) it also follows the exact script of the original written by shakesphere

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.