I need money. pregnant wife, im in the marine corps?

my paycheck just isnt enough. we are stationed in yuma arizona (the city with the highest unemployment rate in the US) so my wife cant get a job. even if she could, she's pregnant so it would be hard for her regardless. im in debt $13,000 and still have my bills to pay. im not even living pay check to pay check. im at the point where im paying bills with a credit card. my truck is going to sh!it ive already spent $300 doing work myself trying to fix it and i still have to spend at least another $300 to fix the problem. i run out of food before i get paid and we end up eating cereal or ramen noodles for dinner. im running out of options. does anybody have any suggestions or what i can do or how i can make more money? all this stress is tearing me apart i dont know what else to turn to. i need help. we manage our money okay with what we get but when its said and done, with my bills, i make maybe 60 bucks a pay check and end up going -$500 before i use my credit card

• NWIP
    Favorite Answer

She needs to sign up for WIC immediately, this is Women, Infants, & Child which she should qualify for. It will provide some food vouchers for her and then the child when it is born. You should also consider finding out if you qualify for Food Stamps in that state, you can and there is NOTHING wrong with it.

Financial classes are offered for free through MCCS - http://www.yuma.usmc-mccs.org/index.cfm/military-f...

You can also look into the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society

Look into pizza delivery. Dominos, Pizza Hut LOVE it when military personnel are working because you already have a base sticker. For her there is help as well http://www.yuma.usmc-mccs.org/index.cfm/military-f...

Food budget you should be able to do it on less than $200 a month if you & your wife shop wisely. Pasta dishes are cheap & easy to do. Check to see if there is a Food Bank on base as well as off base, USE THEM.

You MUST go to base and speak to the section that does money management classes, see if they will give you a loan [note the word LOAN] and trust me you are NOT managing your money well enough to be this much in debt per pay check. You are going to HAVE to eat some crow but it is better than the people you owe coming after you and letting your boss know..............this wil impact your career and the last thing you need is these issues with your wife having a baby, you get kicked out then ALL your medical goes away.

She [as she is not working is going to HAVE to look at ways to save] make it her "job" to have a tight budget of food and stick to it.....and dang man if you are thinking money is tight now wtf do you plan on feeding the kid and putting on its fuzzy butt once they get here safe and sound............

See if there are local food banks, does she qualify for wic [food stamps that sort of thing] sadly SOME of the more junior men do fall into not earning enough to get them............

Is there any chance you can earn some extra money??? maybe by cleaning cars, delivering pizza, same goes for your wife, does she have any skills that she can use.............yes she is pregnant but she can still do SOMETHING, maybe baby sit a bit,

There are plenty of options for you if you would ask your leadership for help.

1. If you're $13,000 in debt then you're NOT doing a good job of managing your finances. The first step is to seek help with that!

2. If your wife is unemployed, then she should be able to draw an unemployment check.

3. The Nutrition Assistance program is available.

4. Check with the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society to see what they can do for you.

5. Have you asked your leadership if it's possible for you to work a part-time job?

Sounds to me like you're not trying very hard, as I came up with these options off the top of my head!

Does your base have any programs to help you find employment for your wife? Most have some place or somebody to talk to to find a job of some sort. So if your wife can't work maybe you can get a chance 2nd job after duty hours hours at least until your bills are paid off.

Once infertility has been diagnosed, there are a number of treatment options available depending on the root cause of the problem. Learn here https://tr.im/infertilitycure

Infertility is a condition defined as not being able to become pregnant after at least one year of unprotected, regular, well-timed intercourse. Women who suffer from multiple miscarriages may also be diagnosed as infertile. Infertility may be classified into two groups, primary and secondary infertility.

Drew,

You going to need to speak with your chaplin.

•You need to get "The Total Money Makeover

By Dave Ramsay.

•Also you and your wife need to take" Financial Peace University for Military Personnel.

•There is a Federal Law Protecting Military.

•Can your wife work? EBay Store, Rat Race Rebellion? This sounds crazy, but there is a market for breast milk, yeah! Really! See: ehow.com to set up a business selling the milk.

•you need to keep an eye on your credit reports (annualcreditreport.com & myfico.com for your credit score.

•you can use USAA banking products. This is the best.

Do your homework, you can fix this.

1. get on welfare, especially Medicade for your wife.

2. get an extra job like delivering pizza.

3. Talk to a Chaplian.

4. Take a free finance class with AER.

Thank you for your service have you look into food stamps?some states have cash assistance but I would stop using credit cards because you're digging yourself further in the hole. maybe file for bankruptcy

• gunner

im in the marine corps ???? why didn't you capitalize MARINE ? or say USMC ? have her go to the count unemployment office and see what jobs are available in the area ! Home depot hires service members family too !

Navy Marine Corps Relief Society at Yuma hero:

http://www.mcasyuma.marines.mil/Resources/NavyMari...

They do other things besides provide handouts...they also do financial counseling and get you on touch with other resources to help you dig yourself out of a hole