If Obama is so obviously guilty in these scandals, why hasn't the House voted to impeach him?
Impeachment requires a simple majority vote in the House, and Republicans have the numbers. If Obama is so guilty why hasn't the House already voted to initiate impeachment proceedings?
@ Athena - So we agree that Obama has not committed an impeachable offense? It's a start.
- Anonymous7 years agoFavorite Answer
Because the criminal Senate won't convict.
We are forced to wait until after the 2014 midterms
- KennethLv 77 years ago
1. Because the Senate tries an impeachment, and they won't vote to actually impeach, so it would be irrelevant anyway.
2. What exactly do you think he is personally guilty? I have seen no evidence directly tying him to the IRS scandal, which is the ONLY one that could possibly be a legit impeachment issue. And I highly doubt you are privy to some secret info that nobody else seems to know about.
- PatLv 77 years ago
Impeachment: Myths, Facts, and History
More Empty Threats from the GOP
- AthenaLv 77 years ago
You might want to read the Constitution.
While Obama may be "guilty" as sin, do these crimes rise to the level of impeachable?
THAT is what has to be investigated and decided.
We are a nation of laws and even the President gets the benefit of the doubt.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- sturmsLv 44 years ago
Seeing the Benghazi coverup grow to be busted the White homestead understanding this makes good grounds for impeachment .the Pres, Hilery Clinten and something of the in charge events all could be in detention center.
- Uncle PennybagsLv 77 years ago
The answer is simple.
What happens if we impeach Obama and he is removed from office?
Why, we end up with President Biden. Ugh!
- ArtemiscLv 77 years ago
Because he isn't guilty of anything. He isn't responsible for everything an underling in his administration does. IF that were the case, Bush should have been impeached for Monica Goodling using a political test to hire civil service employees in the justice department. That is both illegal and against regulations.
- JohnLv 77 years ago
Because Obama isn't obviously guilty in these scandals.
- gunnerLv 67 years ago
Guilty of what ? I assume you didn't vote for him or you just didn't vote at all !
- SamLv 67 years ago
They can impeach him just to have a partisan Senate try him and then make us believe nothing was wrong.. The Democrats will defend their president no matter what he does.