Just because someone smokes weed, it doesn't make them bad right?

My parents seem to think so for some reason. My friend isn't allowed to see her boyfriend anymore because she was caught smoking weed with him in her bedroom but it's not like he forced her to do it or anything. And like she said he's not a pot head or anything and neither is she. They just made one mistake. But now her mom and my parents think he's a bad guy and my parents have known him for years ever since he played little league with my brother and now they are saying stuff like "I always thought he was a nice guy but we were wrong" but come on! It's not like a lot of people don't do it anyway! Am I right?

• Libby
    Favorite Answer

Not necessarily, but you are breaking the law by smoking weed so you are doing something illegal.

I don't blame her parents though - she should not be smoking and if her parents want to keep it away from her, the smart thing is not to allow her to be around others engaging in illegal behaviour. For example is she more likely to smoke while hanging around you or him?

Her parents seem to want what is best for her and smoking anything isn't good for your health and smoking weed can cause alot of problems beyond just getting into trouble legally.

Smoking weed isn't necessarily a bad thing. But anyone who does, except for medical reasons, is breaking the law. Good people don't break the law. I'm pretty sure they didn't make "one mistake." Giving her the benefit of the doubt that this was her first time, pretty sure it wasn't his first time. She did it because she allowed him to influence her. That's when you see the lying that comes with illegal behavior. Good people don't lie to try to cover up or justify doing something illegal.

Yes, a lot of people smoke weed. But that doesn't make it right or okay for your friend to. My mother used to ask me "If all your friends jumped off a cliff would you jump too?"

No, you're not right. Your friends parents make the rules in their home. They don't want their daughter or anyone else doing anything illegal in their home. As a parent, I would never let him back in my home. He is no longer someone to be trusted. And I would be worried about a daughter that was week enough to be influenced by him.

bad? maybe not

stupid and disrespectful? definitely

They weren't smoking in front of the family but hiding out in her bedroom.

That tells me they knew the parents would disapprove.

When she's old enough to move out, she can choose her illegal activities at her pleasure.

While she lives with her parents, in their home, she needs to abide by their rules.

Both of them need to earn back the trust that people used to have in them.

Disregarding the law, not to mention the wishes of his girlfriend's parents is what has made people change their opinion of him. Smoking pot in someone else's house is just plain stupid. He may not be 'bad'...but he certainly can't be trusted to make sensible, let alone lawful decisions...and that would be enough for ME to forbid my daughter to see him.

He may be a really great person, but smoking weed isn't something to be taken lightly either despite what a lot of people think. It can destroy a persons future.

• Rain

Simple.

Is it legal to smoke weed? Then it's doesn't make you bad.

Is it illegal to smoke weed? Then it makes you a bad person. If you don't respect that law then you're likely to break other laws too, breaking laws make you "bad".

• Kris

Just because a lot of people do it don't make it right,it just makes it illegal

Source(s): the law

It is not a good habit..

No one is good.