Just because someone smokes weed, it doesn't make them bad right?

My parents seem to think so for some reason. My friend isn't allowed to see her boyfriend anymore because she was caught smoking weed with him in her bedroom but it's not like he forced her to do it or anything. And like she said he's not a pot head or anything and neither is she. They just made one... show more My parents seem to think so for some reason. My friend isn't allowed to see her boyfriend anymore because she was caught smoking weed with him in her bedroom but it's not like he forced her to do it or anything. And like she said he's not a pot head or anything and neither is she. They just made one mistake. But now her mom and my parents think he's a bad guy and my parents have known him for years ever since he played little league with my brother and now they are saying stuff like "I always thought he was a nice guy but we were wrong" but come on! It's not like a lot of people don't do it anyway! Am I right?