Christians, your take on 2 Corinthians 4:3-4?

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

• Favorite Answer

That scripture is plain and simple, Satan is the god of this world. I was once in the ministry in Kentucky and I asked this old farmer who he thought the god of this world is and he said Jesus, so I read him 2 Cor.4:4 and he said, "That's not what my Bible says!" Well I asked him to get his Bible and show me what it says, he insisted it was a waste of time and his Bible didn't say that, so I decided to check out other versions and translations and I decided that all versions and translations DO say that in slightly different words.

So you will not have to do all the research, I have many different versions on this one site.

http://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/2%20Corinthia... Scroll down to read all the various translations and versions.

Source(s): 76 years of common sense, 65 years of research and 50 years of Bible study and 40 years as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I don’t make any snap decisions.

The scripture says, "they are lost...and their minds are blinded..." We need to "search for the sheep" who are teachable, and those whom Jesus and his father are calling.

We don't know the goats from the sheep unless they expose themselves to us, or make it clear to us because we knock on everyone's door, if we are Jehovah's witnesses. We are the messengers.

Mat.24:14 "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth..." and for some the light expose Satan for whom he is, the God of this system of things, while Jehovah is the ruler of the universe. Although some can change and some remain the same, too.

I believe it means

Verse 3: ...that the world cannot understand the Gospel because it is hid from them, just like Jesus said "I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes."

But Verse 4: it shows that The Father hiding this things from the lost is by- not revealing them by shining his light. It's like the Gospel is in PLAIN SIGHT, but anyone that the light has not shone to is Lost and is in darkness and when Christ's Light shines, then it reveals but if He does not then the gospel is hid but it is right there! so that's why if it is hid, it is hid to them that are lost because it is right there but only Christ can give it to you!

It is so interesting. never thought about it that way...

The god of this world, (satan)

The gospel is hidden from some because they have willfully closed their eyes to it. If the heart of any man who hears the gospel is veiled it is definite that he is lost and full under the power of sin and satan. Those who refuse to hear the gospel are proper subjects for satan's work to increase the darkness and hardness of heart.

Review v.6 The light of the gospel shining into our darkened hearts is like the bursting forth of the sun in the darkness. Gen.1:2,3

Those who make their god of the world instead of accepting the God who is will not understand the gospel. They have blinded themselves by choosing another god to take Go's place. Since their god is the world, they have no use for the one true God and, therefore, His salvation... .

My take?

Since the god of this world is contrasted with God & Christ, the god of this world must be their adversary ....commonly known as Satan.

And it would seem Satan is doing his best to impede people from understanding what Christ and God are all about.

I'd say his done a good job.

The god of this world, Satan the Devil, has blinded people by making them fail to recognise what the Bible really teaches even when they can see it with their own eyes from their own copies of the Bible.

• The god of the world is Satan, NOT man. Man is a vessel which Satan using to carry his evil works, or God uses to carry out his righteous works.

Darkness dominates this world and SATAN IS RESPONSIBLE.

The god of this world is man. And Jesus said this about them:

John 3:19-20 (KJV)

19 And this is the condemnation, that light [Christ] is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light [Chriost], because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light [Christ], neither cometh to the light [Christ], lest his deeds should be reproved.

Source(s): Bible
  • DML

Its why many people don't accept the good news of God's kingdom. They are blinded by satan and false religion, and they prefer it that way.