Japanese fly fishing gear and radiation?

It's about time for me to start restocking my tippet, leader, and hook supplies. I noticed most of the top quality stuff is either made in Japan or Germany. Are any of you concerned about importing stuff from Japan? I will try to find German made stuff but in my country I fear it's mostly only Japanese stuff that can be found.

Btw did you know Frog Hair tippet bombard their product with Gamma rays to help shock resistance? I'm not a physicist but aren't Gamma rays bad?

Best Answer

I don't think the Japanese would have workers packing fishing gear in a radioactive building or anywhere near Fukushima.

Exposing a product to gamma rays doesn't leave any residual radioactivity, they're just "rays" - they do their work and when the beam is blocked, they're gone and nothing is left except the item that was exposed.

Now, if someone tried to sell you an old Japanese boat that washed up on the north west coast of North America, then I'd be a little leery of that deal.

The Hardy type reels have stood the try of time. My acquaintances who use them continuously get a grin on their faces whilst they communicate approximately them. One fellow distinctly enjoys the screaming noise whilst a competent fish straightens the string. all of them refuse to enhance to a trendy layout reel even nonetheless they stay modern-day with the main modern-day and the best selection strains and rods. individually, i like the extra moderen super arbor reels. For a modern-day purchase, it relatively is basically approximately like procuring costly jewelery. communicate it with the recipient to ensure of having something it relatively is needed. definite. I even have had good luck procuring on-line.