Now "marriage" has lost its meaning, should we find another word to express the Sacrament?

The word "marriage" as it is expressed in books of religious scripture such as the Bible has now lost its meaning in common society, which now defines it as "a temporary expression of love and commitment between two people of indeterminate gender". Religious folk who speak of 'marriage'... show more The word "marriage" as it is expressed in books of religious scripture such as the Bible has now lost its meaning in common society, which now defines it as "a temporary expression of love and commitment between two people of indeterminate gender". Religious folk who speak of 'marriage' to others convey a completely different thing to the listeners, especially if they are young. Children, by law, must be taught society's definition of the word.

How should this word now be translated in order to convey its proper sense?

Or should we simply remove this Sacrament, since there are no longer words in our language to express it?
Update: Half Past - if marriage has not lost its meaning, would you kindly define it for us?
Update 2: Half Past - if marriage has not lost its meaning, would you kindly define it for us?
Update 3: Guy - well said!
Update 4: I am not an atheist, but a Christian convert to the Catholic Church, specifically over the issue of marriage, and the Catholic Church's stand on it. If I were to get married in church, as one of the seven Sacraments, I would find it hard in clear conscience to sign the register, because I do not recognise or... show more I am not an atheist, but a Christian convert to the Catholic Church, specifically over the issue of marriage, and the Catholic Church's stand on it. If I were to get married in church, as one of the seven Sacraments, I would find it hard in clear conscience to sign the register, because I do not recognise or honour civil marriage. Yet I would still want the tax breaks from the document. The answer? To get married in church, but to register the arrangement as a civil partnership. But I cannot, because, in the name of Equality, the Government sees fit to discriminate against me on the grounds of sexual orientation.