I need a new author can someone give me a few new names?

I am an avid reader who is tired of waiting for authors to come out with their new books. I understand that it takes time to write books, but I tear through a 700 page novel in about 2-4 days. I am a big fan of Preston and Child,Anne Rice,Daniel Silva,and Dan Brown. As much as I enjoy their writing, I am sick of re reading their old books, and I am too impatient to wait all summer for their new books to come out in fall or next year. Can some one please give me the name of some authors , and their books, who are equally interesting so I have something to read until my current favorite authors have published something?.Nothing by James Patterson though, I dont like his writing style.

• Spike
    Favorite Answer

How about any of these authors and their body of work.

Tom Clancy

John Le Carre

Robert Littell

David Ignatius

Larry Bond

Fredrick Forsyth

Jack Higgins

Dale Brown

Vince Flynn

Dalton Fury

Ben Macintyre

Amy Tan

Lisa See

Richard Russo

Mitch Albom

Robert Crais

Robin Cook

Tess Gerritisen

Mario Puzio

Joseph D. Pistone

Read the classics. They never go out of style, and you don't have to wait for publishers.

Most popular works are froth and won't survive the next 20 years. How many best selling authors from 100 years ago are still read? Very few. Choose your books wisely.

Frank Peretti is an author I enjoy and he has plenty of books to read and is still writing as far as I know. He's written things such as This Present Darkness, Piercing the Darkness, The Oath, etc.

Check out Jamon Miller, he's an awesome new up-and-coming author. I will enclose his website information below. He just published his second book, a series called Gardens. It's a must read, but all of his stuff is good.

Salman Rushdie His fourth novel, The Satanic Verses (1988), grow to be on the middle of The Satanic Verses controversy, with protests from Muslims which comprise Yusuf Islam (before universal as Cat Stevens) in diverse international places. lots of the protests have been violent, with Rushdie dealing with loss of life threats and a fatw? (religious edict) issued by utilising Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, then ultimate chief of Iran, in February, 1989. consistent with the call for him to be killed, Rushdie spent almost a decade oftentimes underground, appearing in public basically sporadically, yet grow to be outspoken on the fatw?'s censoring effect on him as an author and the prospect to freedom of expression it embodied.